Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

new lens...now i have to work it out how to adapt it...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: new lens...now i have to work it out how to adapt it... Reply with quote

today i bought EBC X-FUJINON T 135mm/3.5 DM for 7€ (10US$) at the flea market...

now i have to find how to adapt it to my Oly dSLR...i see adapters for m4/3 on but no 4/3 adapters...as i don't have PEN yet (E-P3 is in my future, but not yet) i'll have to figure out how to adapt it... after searching the net i found that FX mount has about the same distance as Minolta MD lens...so i'm thinking to take a Minolta MD adapter and change inner part of the adapter (they are usually 2-part adapters screwed together) so this lens can fit into it...

i need your thoughts about this...
i'd prefer ideas that don't involve changing the mount on the lens

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made one from a standard Chinese OM to 4/3 adapter and the flange from a X-Fujinon teleconverter (the cheapest way of getting a donor flange). I did this for the "Cheap Lens Challenge" when I picked up a X-Fujinon 50mm f1.9 DM for next to nothing. A fair bit of machining was required for this so a lathe is essential. To get infinity focus the OM adapter ends up pretty thin as well, so care is needed with the machining. The two parts are screwed together with M1.6 screws (the smallest size I could get screws and taps for easily). M1.6 requires a 1.25 mm diameter hole for the tap so you will also need a decent drill press.

From that thread

SXR_Mark wrote:

At the moment, the lens aperture pin is held back with a bit of PTFE. Crude but effective.

I found a simple way of locking the lens to the adapter with a small screw that can bee seen in the picture below. The screw is accessed from the largish hole seen in the above picture at about 7 o'clock position

There is a plastic baffle at the back of the lens which has a peg that fouled the adapter. I could have cut the peg off, but instead, I removed the baffle entirely.

If you don't have this sort of engineering equipment, the only way forward will be to swap the X-fujinon flange.

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx for an idea Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wolverine,

Did you manage to adapt it? I got my hands on one of these babies and am thinking of using an Minolta MD to 4/3 adapter since the flange distance is the same...

how did you manage to do it?