Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 4x telephoto
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Tamron 4x telephoto Reply with quote

I bought this lens because it was Tamron and had zebra stripes.

I believe it is an auxilliary lens, but how is it used? Any ideas?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the back is threaded, probably in 52-55-58-62mm range, then it is a "strap-on" auxiliary, to screw onto the front of a camera lens. You may or may not like the results. As long as you don't expect too much from it, like image quality, you'll be fine.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thats what it is.
I have one too.
A very early Tamron product, I'm guessing 1950's.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm an early 1950's strap-on...that you can't expect too much from. Wink

Lol ... Will have to be very careful with what I say next....

Hope you are pleasantly surprised and that you enjoy.

Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's an add-on lens. They are very common, seen a lot of them for sale and they always go very cheap.

On the side of the box they come in it states:

"For all 35mm, 2 1/4 x 2 1/4, Polaroid cameras fits series V or VI adapter"

Here are some pics I found:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool

This is one beautiful optic imho! Coated. About 2.5cm diameter x 15cm long. The first photo is of interest, see the metal cap? -- Series V threads, use with lens that accepts series V filters (or adapter).

Some award-winning snaps (NOT! Laughing):

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to seeing samples from this lens because, as I said, it's very common and very cheap, I nearly bought one once out of curiousity.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks for the info. The "strap on" i bought looks like it won't be strapping onto anything, since it it missing the collar with the sticky out thumb screw. Still, if it's only for use with polaroid then it will have to be display only. Shame, makes a nice telescope, albeit with inverted image Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just take an old filter, remove the glass and epoxy the ring to the back of the Tamron then you can just mount it like a filter.

I'm guessing this lens is optimised for either triplet or Tessar type lenses so I would try it on one of those sort of lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: I have done it! 8-) Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Just take an old filter, remove the glass and epoxy the ring to the back of the Tamron then you can just mount it like a filter.

I'm guessing this lens is optimised for either triplet or Tessar type lenses so I would try it on one of those sort of lenses.

I have done this so i could try it on my Panasonic FX33 compact using a filter holding bracket and it actually works BUT the image is upside down when you view it on the Panasonics LCD? nice clear lens but only useful if you live Down Under LoL
I'll take a photo of it for you to laugh at Embarassed
Cheers
Brian
Ps it works well on a video camera but again its upside down? Dooooooooooh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: I have done it! 8-) Reply with quote

Jethro Tull wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

I have done this so i could try it on my Panasonic FX33 compact using a filter holding bracket and it actually works BUT the image is upside down when you view it on the Panasonics LCD? nice clear lens but only useful if you live Down Under LoL
Cheers
Brian

How can the upside down thing be right for a commercial product? Maybe we are using it wrong?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: I have done it! 8-) Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
Jethro Tull wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Cheers
Brian

How can the upside down thing be right for a commercial product? Maybe we are using it wrong?

I don't think so. I have a few Asahi Pentax right-angle viewfinder attachments that present an upright image, but flipped left-to-right.