Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Aglais Urticae (butterfly) - Tamron SP 500 F8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Aglais Urticae (butterfly) - Tamron SP 500 F8 Reply with quote

Here are some other photographies about butterfly.
After the Macroglossum stellatarum ( Hummingbird Hawk-moth in english, Moro Sphinx in french), let me introduce you to the Aglais Urticae, also called "la petite tortue" in french, Small Tortoiseshell in english, Kleine Fuchs in german, vanessa delle ortiche in italian, Rusałka pokrzywnik in polish. Smile

1-

2-

3-

4-

5-

6- oups, mistake... Laughing

7- This one gave me the indices to find its name

8-

9-

10-

11-

12-

Have a nice day. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning result from an 500mm lens!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Attila.

This mirror lens is quite handy and I like its weight.
Focusing has to be very fluid, and it is.

This is the 55B model : http://www.adaptall-2.org/lenses/55B.html

I also thank you a lot, Attila, for what you do to maintain adaptall.org alive. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bon Olivier, I never thought that I'd see butterflys photographed with a 500mm. Very Happy
I wonder what was first, the butterfly's name or the name Aglaia.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you stay in Montreal, Bonjour cher cousin ! Smile

This is Aglais urticae, the Small Tortoiseshell :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aglais_urticae

If you wish, here is another 500mm butterfly Wink
http://forum.mflenses.com/macroglossum-stellatarum-tamron-sp-500-f8-t40401,highlight,%2Btamron+%2Bsp+%2B500.html

Cheers,

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier you will make this lens price sky rocket. Very Happy ....But it deserves to be recognized for its quality.I love the patterns on the butterflies wings that match the lavender #7....excellent shooting.
We have rain ,rain,rain...I have a few months before I can take my Tamron out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Olivier you will make this lens price sky rocket. Very Happy ....But it deserves to be recognized for its quality.I love the patterns on the butterflies wings that match the lavender #7....excellent shooting.

Thank you Moïra. Smile
I like this lens very much and feel at ease with it and the 5D MkII.
Else, are you serious about no outside photographies for a few months ? Crying or Very sad
If you wish, I'll post you some sunshine and flowers to avoid you go into depression.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice captures. I can't believe missed out on this lens for 500 yen. I've been kicking myself ever since.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
mo wrote:

Thank you Moïra. Smile
I like this lens very much and feel at ease with it and the 5D MkII.
Else, are you serious about no outside photographies for a few months ? Crying or Very sad
If you wish, I'll post you some sunshine and flowers to avoid you go into depression.

I am hoping for some fine days with no rain, but at the moment it is all wind and rain ...I would love to see more of your fine weather and different subjects with this lens.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I would love to see more of your fine weather and different subjects with this lens.

Ok Moïra.
I'll open a new post with a serie of this lens' photos.