Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Portrait Contest
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Very good Nordentro!

Thx, a big light tent and two flash lamps did the work Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Very good Nordentro!

+1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkor 105mm f2.5 K version, Nikon D300

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more from my Nov Cuba trip.

Asahi Tak 50mm 1.4

Asahi Tak 50mm 1.4

Asahi Tak 50mm 1.4

Canon 17-70 L(this is a pretty damn sharp lense)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know how to change the post to Rated

CAnon 5D & Rokkor 58/1.2 MC
Ambient light, a 18W fluorescent tube side.
This is Eduardo Nascello, Leica technician. Has repaired almost all my lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

francotirador wrote:
I do not know how to change the post to Rated

The only way for your pic to become rated is for another member to give it a rating. Which I just did. Nice portrait, by the way. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first square with Pentacon Six + Sonnar 180mm and its magnificent BG blur Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely done! A bit dark but great BG!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good work by you all guys! I like them all, but especially gaeger's portrait.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mit Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 2.8/135mm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Takumar f3.5/24 on Pentax K-x

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1Ds MKIII + C/Y Planar 85/1.4 [post proc done in silver efex pro]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Friends:

Canon 5D MkII, Vario Sonnar 28-85 C/Y. No PP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M9 + Summilux 35 1.4 ASPH. ->

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M9 + Nokton 50/1.1 ->

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M9 + Nokton 50/1.1 -> pp done in silver efex

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M9 + Summilux 35/1.4 ASPH ->

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hari wrote:

I really like the bokeh on this shot. Great DOF.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Hari
Woow, very nice potraits! I love them!
You have both great lenses and talent Smile
I don't have both Wink
The second would be really great if the sharpness would sit correctly on both eyes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

natebarnz wrote:
Hari wrote:

I really like the bokeh on this shot. Great DOF.

Thanks man! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
@Hari
Woow, very nice potraits! I love them!
You have both great lenses and talent Smile
I don't have both Wink
The second would be really great if the sharpness would sit correctly on both eyes.

Thanks man! Very Happy

I shot the pic at f1.1 - the dof is razor thin which is why only one eye is in focus and everything else is thrown into the bokeh side of reality

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lady with the Summilux is just too amazing! I love her expression and the bokeh simply is from another world: the lines of the gutters and house fronts leading to the.. cathedral? The colors..phuuuu..even the plants on the front corners are just perfect, as if they were set up.
the B&W of the guy with the Canon, a real classic, love it!
The lady in B&W, a great photo too. Even though the one eye in focus is really hypnotizing I tend to agree with ForenSeil or would be curious how it was with the other eye in focus.
The one on the beach looks a bit dark. Could be my monitor, however I took the freedom, Hari I hope you don't mind, downloaded it to check it out and prefer a +20 to +25 of shadows in PS, the dramatic darkness of the clouds not yet lost.

we small guys have something to look up to.. Wink

humble Auto Takumar 2/55 on an equally humble Pentax K-x

best regards,
Andreas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started reading this thread, so far I only looked at the last page. Smile

Hari, the shot of the girl with the Summilux 35 1.4 ASPH is beautiful, looks like a painting. Kuuan, I really like your last shot: great expression, nice colors.

This is a snapshot with the nx10+nikkor 24/2.8, a bit strange but I like the haunting look in my daughter's eyes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
the lady with the Summilux is just too amazing! I love her expression and the bokeh simply is from another world: the lines of the gutters and house fronts leading to the.. cathedral? The colors..phuuuu..even the plants on the front corners are just perfect, as if they were set up.
the B&W of the guy with the Canon, a real classic, love it!
The lady in B&W, a great photo too. Even though the one eye in focus is really hypnotizing I tend to agree with ForenSeil or would be curious how it was with the other eye in focus.
The one on the beach looks a bit dark. Could be my monitor, however I took the freedom, Hari I hope you don't mind, downloaded it to check it out and prefer a +20 to +25 of shadows in PS, the dramatic darkness of the clouds not yet lost.

we small guys have something to look up to.. Wink

humble Auto Takumar 2/55 on an equally humble Pentax K-x

best regards,
Andreas

Thanks Andreas! Very Happy

Unfortunately im not too well versed with advanced photo editing tools and i once did try my luck with Photoshop but i felt like a village idiot inside a UFO Laughing Im far from being very good at photography and im happy to listen to criticism/suggestions. Now that you mention it, yes, the picture does look dark and could use some brightness ... i'll see if i can manage this with LR

I have some nice gear now but till recently I was shooting with a Canon IXUS 5 which I bought almost 7 years ago - nice point and shoot and it still serves me well!

Here are some images taken with this little gem ->

I'm not claiming that the images above are works of art or even qualify as good shots ... just that with my little camera and Picasa i did manage to produce some images that made me happy enough to explore the world of photography

And im glad i took the red pill Very Happy

Andreas - your portrait shot of the boy is awesome! To me, portrait photography is capturing the essence of that person at that moment. And your picture totally nails it!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
I just started reading this thread, so far I only looked at the last page. Smile

Hari, the shot of the girl with the Summilux 35 1.4 ASPH is beautiful, looks like a painting. Kuuan, I really like your last shot: great expression, nice colors.

This is a snapshot with the nx10+nikkor 24/2.8, a bit strange but I like the haunting look in my daughter's eyes.

Thanks Ludoo!

Your picture is surreal to my eyes! the toy (?) in motion and the child standing still with a haunting look as you right said!