Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Google search finds gallery result and locks up IE8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Google search finds gallery result and locks up IE8 Reply with quote

If I do a Google search for anything lens oriented and find a result from the MF Lenses gallery, when I click on the link to view, it locks up my browser (IE8) and I have to crash it out which takes ages Confused

Is this me or is anyone else having this problem...?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is happen with me to with IE8, Firefox is fine. Thank your for warning!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Google search finds gallery result and locks up IE8 Reply with quote

OM wrote:
If I do a Google search for anything lens oriented and find a result from the MF Lenses gallery, when I click on the link to view, it locks up my browser (IE8) and I have to crash it out which takes ages Confused

Is this me or is anyone else having this problem...?

if you are using Vista or Win7 update to IE9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't use IE, it's irresponsible.

Try Chrome or Firefox.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never use IE, Firefox is 10x better, Chrome is not bad either.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know IE8 is not the finest but I am still using XP Pro (fully updated) on my photo PC and every other website I use works fine Confused

I have tried Chrome but I hate the way it handles favourite websites (bookmarks) and I know from experience that Firefox is not always secure...I have had no security issues with IE in seven years of using it.

Any idea why it happens with IE8 Attila...?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea, I did put into Google 'Gallery 2 IE8' I did get pretty much long list about IE8 incompatibility with different galleries. Gallery 2 site suggest to upgrade to Gallery 3 which is not works due if I do I will loose all search engine optimization. Personally I don't like IE too, I am not familiar in javascript bug hunting in IE.