Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Let Play a game...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Let Play a game... Reply with quote

Hi All,

I was wondering if I can float an idea for a photography game. Lets choose a theme (any theme) till friday. Shoot as per that theme using any manual lens of your choice. Run wild with imagination in doing so. And post it in coming week with a brief description of the snap and the journey which you took for that pic. Could be fun.

Any takers?

PS: Not sure if this is right topic here. Should I move it somewhere else?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea.
But I have so much to do for my job ATM that I will not able to participate in such game in the next 2 or 3 weeks.
Then it will be better.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be up for it.

Are we going to have a prize?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like fun. Will it be on this thread or a new one each week?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm game. Sounds like maybe a different forum though. Here's one for "float an idea"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What theme do you have in mind?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets start with some simple one. Say - "Action"

Any takers?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks interesting. i wonder what ian says, a prize.
How about participant must send money for the prize. or if there's sponsor will be better

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash wrote:
lets start with some simple one. Say - "Action"

Any takers?
Do older photographs count as well?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
looks interesting. i wonder what ian says, a prize.
How about participant must send money for the prize. or if there's sponsor will be better

What about just for fun and the challenge of capturing the theme... Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here's one......

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's mine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the photo should have a date withing a few short days of the contest as that will make it more challenging. Or, make it a one day thing for even a greater challenge - say, the Saturday following the post. And no fair changing the date in your camera!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
I think the photo should have a date withing a few short days of the contest as that will make it more challenging. Or, make it a one day thing for even a greater challenge - say, the Saturday following the post. And no fair changing the date in your camera!!!!!

Second it. Let keep the dates from friday to wednesday and then post on Thursday .. what say?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Woodrim about taking the photo in the next days after the thema is announced.
As prize, I would say winner gains the right to choose the next thema... Laughing
I suggest that the ending date of the contest will be given and next 48 hours will serve to vote for the best photography.
Question : how will we count the votes ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about like this:

We post photo with a number like:

[PHOTO]

When we vote then each can cast three votes for places #1, #2 and #3. Rule is that you cannot vote for self Very Happy

When we count, #1 can have 5 points, #2 can have 3 and #1 have 1 point. Sum it up and decide the winner.

what say ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
I agree with Woodrim about taking the photo in the next days after the thema is announced.
As prize, I would say winner gains the right to choose the next thema... Laughing
I suggest that the ending date of the contest will be given and next 48 hours will serve to vote for the best photography.
Question : how will we count the votes ?

^^^ this

Votes can be counted using the rate link on the bottom of the post.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens used needs to be told.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too elaborate rules stall the process. I suggest one vote per person for the one you like best - basta. If you pose a 48h limit, there are likely to be no images at all. Isn't this supposed to be fun?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cistron wrote:
Too elaborate rules stall the process. I suggest one vote per person for the one you like best - basta. If you pose a 48h limit, there are likely to be no images at all. Isn't this supposed to be fun?

I understood it as AFTER the closing date we had 48hrs to vote for a favourite photo, not 48 hours to take the photo and upload it.

We could have it as a Monday to Friday to take and upload, then the weekend to vote using the rate link on the picture. (you can't vote for your own that way)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-halli- wrote:

I understood it as AFTER the closing date we had 48hrs to vote for a favourite photo, not 48 hours to take the photo and upload it.

We could have it as a Monday to Friday to take and upload, then the weekend to vote using the rate link on the picture. (you can't vote for your own that way)

That's exactly what I meant. You said it better, Halli. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
-halli- wrote:

That's exactly what I meant. You said it better, Halli. Wink

Cheers Very Happy

So, we take the picture during the allotted time. Upload stating the shooting conditions and lenses and only upload one picture each. The one with the most "rates" by a decided time on Sunday evening is the winner and they can suggest the next theme.

This weeks is "Action" and participants have until midnight on Friday (we'll need to select a time zone) to upload their picture. Nobody votes until the weekend.

Sounds like good fun.

We could also have a reserve topic just in case the winner doesn't respond (e.g. if no reply by Monday morning the topic will be .....) and this could carry on each week if the winner does choose a topic.

The reserve could be something weird just to make it less appetising Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could a "poll question" meet the voting issue ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Could a "poll question" meet the voting issue ?

That would rely on someone setting it up. Using the rate system that is already in place is self managing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time zone should not be an issue as long as a post appears before midnight of the cut off date in the time zone of the poster. Likewise for voting.

Take a look at what the Sony guys do.
http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/dyxum-contests_forum11.html
They have themes much like what we're talking about here, then one person - I think the winner of the week before - judges the entries. See what you think og their approach. AND also take a look through the various challenges and enjoy the photos. Those folks impress me as very, very good.