Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta Rokkor X 45 f2 on EOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: Minolta Rokkor X 45 f2 on EOS Reply with quote

It was a very busy today for me, so I'm only posting one quick picture now, with more to follow in the next couple days.
Minolta Rokkor X 45 f2 on Canon EOS 10D with glassless adapter.
Shot is wide open with no pp. Better shots to follow soon. Hopefully I will have time to shoot some more tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing this post reminded me that I have the same lens I acquired a year ago but never got around to trying it out. I mounted it on my G1 & went out onto the balcony for a quick shot wide open near minimum focus distance. This shot has my standard PP applied.

Centre crop of above

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rokkor 45 is an excellent little lens - I use mine with film exclusively, and think it is a fine lens, never mind that it is so inexpensive. I bought a MD 50/1.7 very cheap, and am shooting a roll with it now, let's see how that one fares. The main advantage of the 50 is that it focuses closer.

These Minolta lenses from the time period bring to mind the word "clean" - their presentation seems clean, sharp, even handed, modern.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's a nice lens although it´s a single coat one.

It was the cheaper lens to the "X" cams series.

Sometimes I have hear that it was similar to the Summicron M 2/50 (first of 6 elements). But it's not true.

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron my shot was at Maximum focus distance. I'm saving up for a G1 so I can get the full use of my Minolta lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
The Rokkor 45 is an excellent little lens - I use mine with film exclusively, and think it is a fine lens, never mind that it is so inexpensive. I bought a MD 50/1.7 very cheap, and am shooting a roll with it now, let's see how that one fares. The main advantage of the 50 is that it focuses closer.

These Minolta lenses from the time period bring to mind the word "clean" - their presentation seems clean, sharp, even handed, modern.

I use my 45 f2 on film quite a bit. This is the first time I've tried it on digital.
Let me know how you like the MD 50 f1.7. I'm looking at them on the bay now. I've seen Excelent test results from this lens.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:

Sometimes I have hear that it was similar to the Summicron M 2/50 (first of 6 elements). But it's not true.

Rino.

Rino, they also made a MD version of this lens. That one is multi coated.
I'd like to get the MD version so I could test them against each other.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
estudleon wrote:

Rino.

Rino, they also made a MD version of this lens. That one is multi coated.
I'd like to get the MD version so I could test them against each other.

exactly ! very good performance for the price :
http://forum.mflenses.com/rokkor-45mm-f2-nex3-t39820.html

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took it out & made a few shots @ f5.6.

1. Mayapple

2. Phlox

3. Red Osier boxwood

3b. crop of above shot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Great photos Reply with quote

Great photos everybody, picked this lens up yesterday (Rokkor-X 45mm F2) from a flea market along with a Minolta XD-11.

These couple of photos we taken on my Pentax K-x today (first try), so sorry it's not an EOS and apologies for not being top quality but they will improve.

A great little lens.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zelda, I really like mine, I hope you enjoy yours. Very Happy It's a fun lens.
Please post more pictures if you want.
I have a hard time seeing good enough too nail the focus on the 10D.
This shot is at f5.6.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g,

Thanks, I will get some different shots and a programme to do some crops.

Very nice photo by the way, nice and sharp.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Great photos Reply with quote

zelda_n64 wrote:
These couple of photos we taken on my Pentax K-x today (first try), so sorry it's not an EOS

Why are you sorry? My son has a K-x, it's much better than my 400D in every way. Congratulations! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rino, as far as I can find out, Minolta only ever made one 2/45 lens. It was introduced in 1978, 3 years before the X series cams. It's the second style of MD lenses, with studded rubber grip, green distance numerals and multicoated glass.

They did make a 2.8/45 but that was much earlier, in SR style. That one was probably single coated.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd,

Being new and posting about a Pentax K-x on an EOS thread I thought it was only courteous as I didn't want to offend EOS owners.

It is a great camera though Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized I never updated this thread. So I got the lens out for a few shots on this beautiful Fall day.
1st shot at f4, second at f5.6 and 3rd at f8. I haven't decided what i will shoot wide open so I will post it another day. Smile

Minolta Rookor X 45 f2 at f4

Minolta Rokkor X 45 f2 at f5.6

Minolta Rokkor X 45 f2 at f8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like #1 the mum & of the two rose shots the DOF in # 2 (f5.6) would be my choice.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

revers wrote:
I like #1 the mum & of the two rose shots the DOF in # 2 (f5.6) would be my choice.

Thanks, Ron.

I'm curious I know you have the Minolta 50mm f3.5 macro lens, have you ever used the extension tube off of it on your 45 f2 lens?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:

Thanks, Ron.

I'm curious I know you have the Minolta 50mm f3.5 macro lens, have you ever used the extension tube off of it on your 45 f2 lens?

No, but I have used tubes with my Rokkor 55/1.7. Here are shots using a set of three tubes:

I think you would not have much working distance with the 45mm.

Here is a list of my Minolta lenses:

Rokkor HG 35/2.8
Rokkor 45/2
Celtic Macro 50/3.5
Rokkor-PF 50/1.7
Just Minolta, no Rokkor 50/1.4
Rokkor 55/1.7
Rokkor 100/3.5
Rokkor 200/4.5

I have a Rokkor-PF 58/1.4 coming in the mail.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Ron I will try tubes on my 55 1.7.

My Minolta lenses. For now anyway. Very Happy Their is atleast 50 more I willl be buying over the next couple year as my money allows, and I find good deals. Smile
I couldn't afford them growing up, so now I'm making up for it.

MD 28 2.8
MC Rokkor HG 35 f2.8
MD Celtic 35 f2.8
Rokkor QE 35 f4
MD Rokkor X 45 f2
MC Rokkor X PF 50 1.7
MD 50 f2
MC Rokkor PF 55 1.7
Rokkor TC 135 f4
Minolta 28-70 3.5-4.8 Made for Minolta by Cosina
Minolta MD 70-210 f4 , also sold as AF BeerCan and Leica Vario Elmar R 70-210 f4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelda_n64 wrote:
peterqd,

Being new and posting about a Pentax K-x on an EOS thread I thought it was only courteous as I didn't want to offend EOS owners.

It is a great camera though Laughing

People are extremely brand agnostic here, it's all about the photos. One of the best attributes of the site imho.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron, a 58 1.4 is high on my want list. I just haven't found one for the right price yet. I hope you post samples once you get it. The PF version is the one I want too. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Ron, a 58 1.4 is high on my want list. I just haven't found one for the right price yet. I hope you post samples once you get it. The PF version is the one I want too. Smile

I paid $62 including shipping. It comes with hood but no caps.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

revers wrote:
walter g wrote:

I paid $62 including shipping. It comes with hood but no caps.

Good price with a hood. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Rino, as far as I can find out, Minolta only ever made one 2/45 lens. It was introduced in 1978, 3 years before the X series cams. It's the second style of MD lenses, with studded rubber grip, green distance numerals and multicoated glass.

They did make a 2.8/45 but that was much earlier, in SR style. That one was probably single coated.

Excuse me Peterqd, I can't get into the forum very often now.

I read the lenses m,anual of minolta that came in 1980 with my XG-9 and the 2/45 lens. And there is written that these lens is single coated (the only one MD lens without MC AFAIK).

Regards, Rino.