Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cheap lens challenge!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous, nice catch!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leo_b wrote:
ChromaticAberration wrote:
Yebisu wrote:
I bought this lens a few weeks ago for 490 yen (5 dollars).

If there was a prize you would be a serious contender, great pics! Nice colors, nice sharpness, nice bokeh, love it!

+1
i like that glass too!

greets leo

I have that and the f/2.8 version; both are wonderful lenses with great bokeh.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eno789 wrote:
Bought this Tamron 35-80mm 1:2.8-3.5 adaptall QZ-35M on Aug 20, 2010 for $5.50, plus $5.50 shipping.

What? Amazing bargain!
That lens is worth at least 10 times as much, probably much more!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Industar 61 2.8/52 L39 RF lens. 6 USD with a FED-4 body.

http://forum.mflenses.com/industar-61-52mm-f2-8-fed-4-lens-t39918.html

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid 1.50 euros for this lens, it was extrememly dirty and full of fungus, I gave it a good clean, face cream killed the fungus but the coatings are badly etched away where the fungus was, but it still works and I love the bokeh:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that shot, Ian.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've stayed away from the thread because while all of my lenses have been inexpensive, none have been as cheap as 5.00. However, I did but my Vivitar standard 135mm f/2.8 M42 Komine made for $9.99. Given the poor performance of the US $, that's just a tad over 5.00. I haven't used it very much because, like many others, I have many 135mm lenses and some better. I found it to be very good with an extension tube.

Orange you glad I'm done?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers woodrim, I have quite a few lenses that fit the price limit for this challenge, some are junk, some surprisingly good, one problem for me is I'm still very much a beginner and struggle to get results from many of my lenses so to me, the best ones tend to be the ones I can use well.

I love your shots, particularly the dragonfly.

135mm is one length where decent lenses are easy to find, I have several that are decent to good.

Just tested the tiniest of the lot, a 3.5/135 Petri in K mount that I paid very little for, it's really small, half the size of most of my 135s.

I quite like it, and it's size is a big plus:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

in fact this contest made me sign on at MFlenses at last after being a lurker for some time.

So I have one lens that nearly had fitted, but as it was 13.14 and the Exakta Camera which came with it as a rear lens cap was broken I can't say the camera was half the price. But the lens is obscure anyways: Meyer Optik Grlitz Trioplan 2.9/50.

But I have two lenses that fit in the price range, one is a Helios 2.0/58 which came with a broken Zenith camera on it's back for 5.50 - but that was before the contest. And then I have this, which was after the first post but before I read it first:

Click here to see on Ebay.de

A Revueflex E with a little Industar 3.5/50 on it. For 2.52 - and the relabled Zenith works fine, too. Just arrived, so no pictures yet. But to have the real fun, I'll just start looking for a new one. This will be big fun!

Your newbie,
Jrgen

Couldn't figure out how to get the flickr images in this post. Sorry. img - link /img didn't work

Last edited by malaclypse on Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Jrgen.

As an anti-spam measure, image posting in a member's first post is disabled. Now that you've posted your first post, you'll be able to post images.

Think I used the word "post" enough times? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So then: A new try with the trioplan which by a closer look fits in the pricerange as there was a Pentacon 3.5/30 in the package, too:

Click here to see on Ebay.de

Halbmohn by Jrgen Klumpe, on Flickr

Bltentraum 2 by Jrgen Klumpe, on Flickr

Little Bug by Jrgen Klumpe, on Flickr

Last edited by malaclypse on Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jrgen.

Go to your picture on Flickr. Right click, then click on properties. Copy the address (URL), e.g. for your first picture ...

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5304/5670680165_eb946ea336.jpg

Then put "img" tags around it

[img]*http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5304/5670680165_eb946ea336.jpg*[/img] without the asterisks (*) and you get

Nice pic.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, just figured it out...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more than 5 "posts" in one post - congrats you got the postmaster degree

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malaclypse wrote:
So then: A new try with the trioplan:

Halbmohn by Jrgen Klumpe, on Flickr

Bltentraum 2 by Jrgen Klumpe, on Flickr

Little Bug by Jrgen Klumpe, on Flickr

These are excellent!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was looking for a lens for this threat and got a Konica Hexanon 135 f 3.5 for 2.01 Click here to see on Ebay.de

this was today in the allotments ( is this the right word for making weekend/garden houses out of recycled shopping bags ? )

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we would call that an allotment.

Nice shots, I have this Hexanon - EE 3.5/135, got it cheap and keeping it till I get a NEX.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas: On which camera do you use the Konica lenses?

I like the last one the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome
....so do I ....like your last one best...the tube leaves more space for thoughts than flowers Smile I am allowed to write this cause my government is on holidays
water shots with sun show a lot of CA with the Hexanon - i use it on NEX

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:

These are excellent!

Thanks a lot. This little Trioplan is a gem. Overseen, as it mostly appears as an EXA-mount lens. Without a NEX or a 4/3 there are only a few chances to plug it to a digital camera. A costly one for Canon.

I found it by chance while looking for the 2.8/100 Trioplan on Ebay. And yes, it does strange things to highlights in the bokeh, too. My examples aren't interesting pictures, but to show the effect, I'll upload one ore two.

trioplan test 1 by Jrgen Klumpe, on Flickr

trioplan test 2 by Jrgen Klumpe, on Flickr

trioplan test 3 by Jrgen Klumpe, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice examples Jurgen.

My Pentacon 1.8/50 M42 has similar bokeh to the Trioplan, as does my Meyer 3.5/135 Primotar, seems to be a characteristic of a few of the Meyer designs...

Pentacon 1.8/50 M42 wide open:

I could include this Pentacon in this challenge and I paid 6ukp for it attached to a Carena SRH760 SLR and with a Ensinor 2.8/28 with it as well, all three are in almost mint condition.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I noticed that, too. In fact there is no single lens by Meyer Optik Grlitz I don't like. Ok, the Domiplan 2.8/50 has yet to be tested. The Pentacon 1.8/50 is georgeos, but I haven't loaded pictues of it to my computer, yet.

Which makes this competition a bit difficult. I could buy another Helios, Industar, Pentacon 1.8/50 for a proof. As they all fit in the competition I'll have a grand day out with them and post the results.

But for the competition I'll have to find something different.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for your picture: Did you want the point of focus to be down and on the right hand? I'd taken the upsprining leaf in the middle. Ok, a little bit less of strangeness to the left, then.

If it goes for the charactaristics of the lens, you`re right...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the focus is too far to the front, a few cms further back would have been better, as you say.

I was just quickly testing the lens the day I got it, it's a good one.

Flares a bit though...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least it's an interesting flare, though.