Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Stasia - Moskva 5 - Provia 100F
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Stasia - Moskva 5 - Provia 100F Reply with quote

I was excited to get this roll back. I took this alongside some of the Helios 40 and Jupiter 9 pictures that were posted several weeks ago. I really wanted to try the lens at wide-open (f3.5) and close distances to see what kind of character it had. The first picture was the only one where lighting allowed that. It is the closet that the moskva can focus. The others were stopped down a bit. All were taken at 1/250th, handheld. Scanned on the v700.

On a side note: I was having a really rough day. I initially mounted my m39 mir-1 on the A850 but chose not to use that. I only had one m39 to m42 adapter with me so I had to switch it from lens to lens. But when trying to take that adapter off it sliced up my hand. Imagine really deep paper cuts. I gave up on the a850 for a little while, switching to the moskva. The moskva literally had blood all over it when I got it home. So truly, a serious part of myself went into these photos. Laughing

~Marc

Last edited by themoleman342 on Tue May 31, 2011 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice result ! Lot better than I got from my Moskva-5. I especially like first one.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results.

You should photoshop some biceps on the 2nd from last image Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really beautiful photos with an incredibly beautiful light.
This shows to anybody who think you can only take pictures with full sunlight, how wrong they are!
Was the last one posed, or a snapshot? I would have used that beautiful location for a more romantic portrait.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Was the last one posed, or a snapshot? I would have used that beautiful location for a more romantic portrait.

The last is just a 'quick' snap. I probably should have taken another, more formal picture. We were on top of a stone look-out tower in Litchfield Connecticut. It was fairly early in the walk so I wanted to reserve some of the last photos for later on. Unfortunately for that set I exposed more for Anastasia's surroundings than for her, so there wasn't much detail to be pulled from her dark attire.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:

Unfortunately for that set I exposed more for Anastasia's surroundings than for her, so there wasn't much detail to be pulled from her dark attire.

I see no problem with the exposure. It was correct to expose for the ambient there. I oppose the idea that every detail must be made visible in any part of the photograph. Dark colours are supposed to be dark and you can't see much detail in the dark. Also psychologically this exposure fits well in the scene. I regard it as perfect.
My only objection is that what she's doing takes some of the poetry away.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I see no problem with the exposure. It was correct to expose for the ambient there. I oppose the idea that every detail must be made visible in any part of the photograph. Dark colours are supposed to be dark and you can't see much detail in the dark. Also psychologically this exposure fits well in the scene. I regard it as perfect.
My only objection is that what she's doing takes some of the poetry away.

I agree with you 100%. Actually I was referring to the set taken after the tower. Those were exposed in a way that made her figure very dark. I don't mind her black shirt being dark but without acceptable exposure for the face, the image doesn't work. I can post them if you're interested. Just let me know.

The ones I've shown here are good exposure wise, I think.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your rough days produce some great work.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmelvis wrote:
Your rough days produce some great work.

+1
I was going to say that these are damn GREAT images for a "rough" day!