Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Giant and liliput
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Giant and liliput Reply with quote

Kodak Enlarging Ektanon f4.5 10 inches & Wollensak Type-V 13/8 inch(35mm) f3.5(From 16mm Gun Camera.

New purchases. I would love to hear more about these lenses especially if you have used them.

Much Regards

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice finds, that Kodak is a beast, it will need a long tube to mount it on methinks, at least 8-9 inches.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back home I have a 12in LF lens that I occasionally mount on my K20D. Yes, it takes over 12in of PK macro tubes and bellows to focus closer than infinity. I really need a rail and supports to handle it.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Show some results if you can. I recently acquired a couple of kodak enlarging lenses, but their threads are weird. Still trying to mount them. Embarassed

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Awesome. Show some results if you can. I recently acquired a couple of kodak enlarging lenses, but their threads are weird. Still trying to mount them. Embarassed

How wide are the lens bodies and bases?

* The simple way to mount a smaller lens: Drill a hole in a body cap.

* The simple way to mount a somewhat larger lens: Tape or glue cheap bayonet-mount macro tubes to the body. I think the Chinese-made Nikon tubes I left at home are ~55mm inner diameter.

* The almost-simple way to mount even larger lenses: PVC pipes of different diameters, nestled and glued together. This may reduce the aperture a bit, but it's better than nothing.

* The advanced way to use larger lenses: Mount lens in a lensboard on a view.cam. Use the dSLR to shoot the groundglass image. Voila!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Riorico

What stellar advice - I will have to see what I can do Wink

patrickh