Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My son, dragonflies and the Tammy 103A
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: My son, dragonflies and the Tammy 103A Reply with quote

This afternoon, my son(16 and becoming MF-addicted) and i went for some dragonfly-hunting. Where i chose the modern approach with AF-lenses (well, AF most switched off), my son chose the Tamron 103A 3.8/80-210 which has a very usable minimum distance of 90cm. Ideal for shy insects.

This is what he managed with the EOS350D and the 103A

1 Little grasshopper, just to start with

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Very good one I never ever thought these are made with an inexpensive zoom lens. Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Shocked Very good one I never ever thought these are made with an inexpensive zoom lens. Congrats!

+1 nice quality, your son made superb pics!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent shots,

Wonderful to see young people getting into a great hobby, and with so much talent too Smile

Doug

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your son have talent, his shots like pro.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realy nice shots!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful results ! Smile
Congratulations to your son.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:
Excellent shots,

Wonderful to see young people getting into a great hobby, and with so much talent too Smile

Doug

+1 I You did good job to teach him Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful photographs, you've managed to get quite a large DoF. the only thing left for me is to make my dad enthausiastic about MF photography again. he hasn't touched his camera for the last 2 years Razz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results. Your son has a good eye and steady hands.

I'm going to look out for that lens.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible! A superb advert for a very versatile lens, please pass on the congrats to your son Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, your son's a natural, I'd say.

Nice thing about most Tamron zooms I've run across is they really do a respectable job with their macro settings -- "macro" wasn't just a sales gimmick with Tamron with their adaptall lenses. They took it seriously. As your son's photos so aptly demonstrate.

Last edited by cooltouch on Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Incredible! A superb advert for a very versatile lens, please pass on the congrats to your son Smile

On behalf of my son i want to thank you all for the positive comments.

Our Tammy 103A came as an extra with the Tamron CT300 that was the reason for buying a couple of lenses.
First pleasant surprise of the 103A was the build quality, everything works as smooth like the lens was built yesterday.
The second surprise was the overall image quality and the easy way it was focussed on all of our camera's (Canon's, Sony, Pentaxes). Qualitywise it sweeps the floor with my Minolta 4/70-210 beercan.
The last surprise was what my son displayed here: the quality in the closefocus area. The lens is ideal for shy insects as dragonflies and butterflies. Next step will be the addition of a small extensionring to catch smaller insects.