Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar 135 2.5 and a Jupiter 200 f4 (both m42 mount)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Takumar 135 2.5 and a Jupiter 200 f4 (both m42 mount) Reply with quote

Hello, i have a jupiter 21 and a Super Takumar 135 2.5 which i would like to sell (mosty cause i don't use them)

The Takumar is in perfect mechanical conditions, except for one thing: the auto-manual mechanism switch doesn't seems to work, and the lens is eternally set in the auto mode (which may work for digital cameras, but may won't work for analog ones). The focus ring is smooth and works without any flaws, as the diaphragm ring (and well lol, i love the mechanical sound of the blades moving xD) with the blades going up and down perfectly.

The body shows moderate to average wear: the zoom and aperture ring has some slight paint loss (due to use) but the other parts of the barrel are almost perfect (distance, diaphragms and any other kind of marks are perfect)

The filter ring zone has a small dent, which at least will create some problems while mounting a filter (if it won't even make impossible to mount it).

The optic has some scratch on the front element, and honestly some of them are a bit deep. But it seems they doesn't appear in the photo - we're still talking about thin scratches, not wide and spreaded marks.
The rear element is sane and has no scratches, but there could be a little amount of dust or fungus between the inner elements (i see small spots bteween the elements, hard to say if it is dust or whatever).

I've tested the lens, and it works nicely. There's some CAs at the wider setting (2.5) but it goes down stopping a bit.

The second lens, the Jupiter 21, is in good mechanical condition, the focus ring works nicely (maybe a bit harder at the short focus end), but the ring-blade aperture system has some strange problems, or behavior: seems like when closing down, a part of the blades close a bit "less" of the others, not simmetrically (from 2.5 to fCool, even though it doesn't seem to be a problem while taking a photo.
Aestetically, the lens is perfect, without any mark or spot, nor on the body, nor on the optics. Inside the lens barrel, but not on the elements themeselves, there's a tiny amount of dust on the barrel.

I've used this lens too, and even being a bit heavy is pretty nice.

Soon i'll post a photo of both

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

Please link here your Ebay id if you have one, to inform people more a bit about you.