Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

People Contest
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EOS 400D, Contax Sonnar 2.8/180
"Kiss the Girl":

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasselblad 500c, Carl Zeiss Planar 2.8/80 C, hand held, Velvia 100

tf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan, that's superb!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is it? by ManualFocus-G, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan, Orio, and Manual: There are some nice images coming up here,
and all of these are really fine. Also, I see what Orio meant about bokeh
on the Sonnar. Creamy!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiron 28-200

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside, ANOTHER cracking fine image. Wow, the Kiron is a clean imaging lens. GREAT shot!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, Larry.
The ones either side of this were the same shot, but just didn't work - the bloke at the back had his face hidden but more of his body showing, so it looked odd.
That Kiron coped well with a very bright day, shooting into the sun a lot of the time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strolling along the beach at sunset. Unknown beach stroller, southern California beach, circa 1986. Canon F-1, FL 19mm f/3.5, Fujichrome 100, exposure unrecorded.

Last edited by cooltouch on Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael, gotta love the vignetting from the old school gear! In this case, it
works very well. Nice colors from the Fujichrome 100.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Laurence, that isn't vignetting. That 19mm didn't vignette at all. The photo was taken long enough after sunset that the portion of the sky that was still illuminated had shrunk a lot such that it was a noticeable arc, and the 19mm lens was able to reach almost to the edges of the field of illumination, thus exaggerating it. I suspect I exaggerated the effect even more by tipping the nose of the camera downward slightly, thus causing the verticals (if there had happened to be any) to bend inward. The dark blue areas in the corners are still transparent, which I proved to myself earlier as I was removing dust splotches from the image. Yup, dust spots were visible all the way to the corners at high zoom ratios.

Here's another post-sunset beach photo I took with a Yashica Mat 124G. Its normal lens doesn't reach almost to the edges of the field of illumination the way the 19mm does, but the image none the less still shows the curvature to the field in the western sky.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konica Hexanon 24mm f2.8 Panasonic G1 B+W Polar filter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote: Actually, Laurence, that isn't vignetting. That 19mm didn't vignette at all. The photo was taken long enough after sunset that the portion of the sky that was still illuminated had shrunk a lot such that it was a noticeable arc, and the 19mm lens was able to reach almost to the edges of the field of illumination, thus exaggerating it. I suspect I exaggerated the effect even more by tipping the nose of the camera downward slightly, thus causing the verticals (if there had happened to be any) to bend inward. The dark blue areas in the corners are still transparent, which I proved to myself earlier as I was removing dust splotches from the image. Yup, dust spots were visible all the way to the corners at high zoom ratios.

Here's another post-sunset beach photo I took with a Yashica Mat 124G. Its normal lens doesn't reach almost to the edges of the field of illumination the way the 19mm does, but the image none the less still shows the curvature to the field in the western sky

I see, and that makes sense Michael. It's an astonishing effect, and now
that I think about it, the same effect takes place on the beaches that
I visit, especially on a clear summer evening during the twilight glow
after sunset.

The Yashica Mat image is splendid, just a really fine image.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote: Konica Hexanon 24mm f2.8 Panasonic G1 B+W Polar filter

You have a treasure in your Konica lenses, Attila. Now that they can adapt
with a digital camera, you are bringing out the beauty and clarity of these
fine, somewhat forgotten, lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
Attila wrote: Konica Hexanon 24mm f2.8 Panasonic G1 B+W Polar filter

You have a treasure in your Konica lenses, Attila. Now that they can adapt
with a digital camera, you are bringing out the beauty and clarity of these
fine, somewhat forgotten, lenses.

Yes, exactly this was my goal with them open people eyes , Konica was first Japanese manufacturer and always made top lenses , some of them was ridiculously expensive it's time. Now we have a great opportunity to get them and use them.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These things usually eat coal, but Coke's good too.

Canon 10D, Helios 44M

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

End of the day, parking up and going home.

Canon 10D, Helios 44M

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Farside, those old pieces of farm machinery are huge brutes, by the looks of 'em. I suppose their owners must drive them to this fair? Do they come from very far away?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All images are shot wide opne, SOOC jpgs.

Helios 44-2 58/2

Jupiter-21 200/4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Hey Farside, those old pieces of farm machinery are huge brutes, by the looks of 'em. I suppose their owners must drive them to this fair? Do they come from very far away?

So far as I've seen, they're mostly transported on low-loaders, but I've also seen a couple of them on the road heading for a vintage show, so it's not impossible for them to get there under their own steam - expensive and tedious journey iwt. 4mph and a bag of coal every couple of miles.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RanieDib, baby shoot a bit dark to me , second one is excellent.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Atilla, yes it is dark, f2 didn't quite cut it for me so now I am looking for f1.4 primes. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote