Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Karting (with the Takumar 400/4)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Karting (with the Takumar 400/4) Reply with quote

With a friend of mine, Takumar 400/4, mainly at f/4 behind roastings, handhled :

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb, I can see the eyes in #5 Shocked

Were you pre-focusing?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I always use this method :
- Search for the best place to get the shot I want
- Do the focus at the point where the subjet has to be in the future picture
- Follow the subject before it arrives at the focused point, without shifting focus (so you see a blurred subjet before it is at the right point)
- Shoot a little bit before the focused point. To guess what delay time you have to use, you must take in account the delay between "I want to take the picture" and "The camera is recording the picture", and the speed of the subject.
For these kartings, I shoot with something like 5 meters delay, to get the kart recorded at the focused point. If you use a reflex, you shouldn't see the picture you want to take in the viewfinder : it would mean that you did not record it Wink