Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yellow dung fly (Vivitar 55/2.8 1:1 macro + macro diffuser)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Yellow dung fly (Vivitar 55/2.8 1:1 macro + macro diffuser) Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a nice shot of one ugly looking fly.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The complexity of the insect is intriguing. And yes, that's an exceptional shot of an exceptionally ugly thing Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations for that shot, great sharpness on the most important parts.

I just have problems with the software-sharpening which you applied a bit too much for my taste (on my screen all the hairs of the fly look too "pixely").

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another cracker, well done, looks cool to me Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great. By the way, what's a macro diffuser? I heard of ring flash and twin ring flashes but this is my first time to hear about a macro diffuser.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all!

@ Tobias: I know what you mean about over-sharpening; on a Dutch pentax forum I posted this photo with just that question: is this one over sharpened or not....

@ Carlo: I have a tubular diffuser/snoot for macro photography, homemade, just for less than 2 USD, I estimate. I posted photos of it before in my spider thread: here. Don't know how to call it.... Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@RenseH: Thank you. Man, that's great. That just shows that we don't need to buy expensive gears to take good photos. I only used a mirror to bounce the light from the pop-up flash to the celing in my Skids toy photo Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sensational !!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice image. Thanks for sharing. I always appreciate living subjects as opposed to objects and toy photography. Well done!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How close were you , out of curiosity?....I'm awaiting one of these lenses in M42 mount, which I will use on my Nikon D70s with a mechanical adapter....Just won it on eBay for $10 + $7 shipping (with case also)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamin Scott wrote:
How close were you , out of curiosity?....I'm awaiting one of these lenses in M42 mount, which I will use on my Nikon D70s with a mechanical adapter....Just won it on eBay for $10 + $7 shipping (with case also)

That's really cheap Scott! Mine is Komine made, I think, and I don't know about the M42 variant. To answer your question: don't know exactely, but it focusses down to 6", and this one was made at about 1:1.... It's an 80% crop (for me a confusing term, I mean: I kept 80% of the length an width of the pic.... Embarassed )

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely pic of a hairy beast Rense.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very well done!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What aperture did you use? I guess f/11 or 16?

@Scott you scored a heck of a deal. Mine is M42 too and I paid 80$. M42 tends to be more expensive that the other ones. I've seen them going to 120-140$.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazing shot. make me having goose bumps.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both thumbs up ! (difficult to wrtite some words on my keyboard this way... Laughing ).

Seriously, Rense, another great shot ! Congrats.