Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yellow dung fly (Vivitar 55/2.8 1:1 macro + macro diffuser)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Yellow dung fly (Vivitar 55/2.8 1:1 macro + macro diffuser) Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a nice shot of one ugly looking fly.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The complexity of the insect is intriguing. And yes, that's an exceptional shot of an exceptionally ugly thing Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations for that shot, great sharpness on the most important parts.

I just have problems with the software-sharpening which you applied a bit too much for my taste (on my screen all the hairs of the fly look too "pixely").

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another cracker, well done, looks cool to me Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great. By the way, what's a macro diffuser? I heard of ring flash and twin ring flashes but this is my first time to hear about a macro diffuser.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all!

@ Tobias: I know what you mean about over-sharpening; on a Dutch pentax forum I posted this photo with just that question: is this one over sharpened or not....

@ Carlo: I have a tubular diffuser/snoot for macro photography, homemade, just for less than 2 USD, I estimate. I posted photos of it before in my spider thread: here. Don't know how to call it.... Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@RenseH: Thank you. Man, that's great. That just shows that we don't need to buy expensive gears to take good photos. I only used a mirror to bounce the light from the pop-up flash to the celing in my Skids toy photo Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sensational !!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice image. Thanks for sharing. I always appreciate living subjects as opposed to objects and toy photography. Well done!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How close were you , out of curiosity?....I'm awaiting one of these lenses in M42 mount, which I will use on my Nikon D70s with a mechanical adapter....Just won it on eBay for $10 + $7 shipping (with case also)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamin Scott wrote:
How close were you , out of curiosity?....I'm awaiting one of these lenses in M42 mount, which I will use on my Nikon D70s with a mechanical adapter....Just won it on eBay for $10 + $7 shipping (with case also)

That's really cheap Scott! Mine is Komine made, I think, and I don't know about the M42 variant. To answer your question: don't know exactely, but it focusses down to 6", and this one was made at about 1:1.... It's an 80% crop (for me a confusing term, I mean: I kept 80% of the length an width of the pic.... Embarassed )

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely pic of a hairy beast Rense.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very well done!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What aperture did you use? I guess f/11 or 16?

@Scott you scored a heck of a deal. Mine is M42 too and I paid 80$. M42 tends to be more expensive that the other ones. I've seen them going to 120-140$.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazing shot. make me having goose bumps.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both thumbs up ! (difficult to wrtite some words on my keyboard this way... Laughing ).

Seriously, Rense, another great shot ! Congrats.