Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Infrared photography at Montjuzet
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Infrared photography at Montjuzet Reply with quote

Going forward on my project Montjuzet, with an additionnal series : Interlude. Extracts :

(S-M-C Takumar 35/2 @ f/4, hand held)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool I've been playing with infra red myself with my Fuji e550 but not got anything as good as these yet congratulations Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool! I am interesting about IR too, can you share your experience with us . How did you get this result ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens is my S-M-C Takumar 35/2, stopped down generally at f/4, hand held (I get times like 1/15 - 1/30 which is enough with the stabilization, thnaks to the relatively IR sensitive sensor of the K100D), I use a 58mm (because it is the larger common filter thread among my lenses I need to use with filters) Hoya R72 filter.
The WB is manually done with the filter, pointing something vegetal, then in Camera raw I reset it on vegetation, save it as jpeg, then in PS I invert red and blue, as usual with infrared photography on digital to get an approximatively blue sky, and whitish vegetation Wink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones, well done!

Attila, if you start with IR, get a IR filter which starts relatively low like a 720nm (R72) or even below like 650nm, this work well even without having the internal filter removed. Some lenses have a "R" IR mark for focus compensation which should be used when manually focusing. Stepping down always helps. Since most sensors record mainly red, swapping blue-red helps to get a useful image...a matter of taste though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for both of you!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3 is excellent!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, #3 is a very nice capture! Smile