Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Macro Tak F4/50mm Fuji reala 100asa
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Macro Tak F4/50mm Fuji reala 100asa Reply with quote

At last my film has arrived back and I am very happy...here is a small sample...C&C welcome these were taken on the Ricoh KR10 film camera
I have not adjusted these they are as they came on the cd have the colours been sharpened?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones indeed! Congrats!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super shots Mo, and perfect exposures. I don't think the colours have been changed, it's more likely a result of the scanning and I expect the film will be much better when printed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,I really love this lens and what it can do...I must thank you all for encouraging me to buy it as I believe it will get a good work out from now on... Very Happy
PS I did have a few duds on this roll (with this lens) but I shan't show you those... Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imho, Takumar color + Reala color = exceptional color rendition.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that 3 ball is the standard 3 ball color. way to go.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results, I'm glad you got this lens!

on the flower: I find scans tend to blow out the color, especially red-cyan. The fix is to desaturate that channel, just a bit, it brings the flower back to normality.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jussi
I may have to mention that to the lab.Autumn is coming so we will lose a lot of colours soon as the leaves turn yellow,brown.If I had the money I would buy the other macro in the Marketplace...don't think I could have enough of this lens Very Happy
#1 I focused on the edge of the front ball

#2 I realize after looking at this how important it is to focus on the right spot! Why does wind always turn up when using macro lenses??

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop down for more depth of field. Tripod probably needed.

Suggest trying some regular nifty-fifty shots with the 4/50, some portraits & landscapes -- the lens verstlity may be pleasantly surprising!

Mo-Fo wrote:
If I had the money I would buy the other macro in the Marketplace...don't think I could have enough of this lens Very Happy

I went a bit wild & bought two myself, convincing myself with the weak excuse "mount one reversed on the other, how cool is that". (haven't tried it yet Smile)

Actually, if I may also recommend the 4/100 Macro-Takumar; 100mm gives more distance from subject.

(I really like the Takumar color rendition)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
Quote:
I went a bit wild & bought two myself, convincing myself with the weak excuse "mount one reversed on the other, how cool is that"

What were you going to photograph...dust particles/germs?? Very Happy
Thanks for the tips on Dof and other things to try.