Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Video lens???
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Video lens??? Reply with quote

Delving into my recent "grab bag" found this 11.5-90mm f2.1 lens made by Canon for an AKAI video camera I think,in mint condition with a screw mount 24.5mm appx. don't know thread pitch.Anyone know if there is an adapter to M42 or will I have to fudge it ?.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have thought the register distance would be way too small for an M42 adapter.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a c-mount lens, no way can it be used on an SLR. Image circle will probably be small, only useful in zoom mode on a Lumix M4/3 cam.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the c-mount sub-forum. This sort of (TV zoom) lens usually gives dire results on a high res camera. They are designed for low res video. Don't waste your time with it.

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys ,I knew I could rely on you.I thought it might be C mount and did not intend to use it on a SLR and seeing as I have enough problems feeding my film,digital SLR and my Hasselblad habits, I do not think it wise to enter into purchasing a Nex 7 so if anyone wants it for $25 + actual postage it's a goner.Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these video lenses come with incredible focal lengths and apertures,
because their image is just so small.

m42 TO C exists, don't know about other direction.

If anything it probably makes a nice zoom loupe for film. Less f more magnification. (Rear end to target)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moved to cine lens section where that topics belongs.