Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

UV Nikkor 105mm does Gazania flower multispectral
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: UV Nikkor 105mm does Gazania flower multispectral Reply with quote

Shot that most likely genetically modified Gazania rigens flower using an off the shelf UV Nikkor 105mm at f8/f11 on a modified Panasonic GH4 with a modified for high UV output Xenon flash using modified and rather special filters Wink

Quadriptych of human vision, UV, simulated butterfly and bee vision (left to right, top to bottom):

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting
Like 1

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus, I love your alternate spectrum work. Perhaps after I retire I might dabble. Why do you think it's a GMO?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude!
UV I think I understand, but "bee vision"?

!!!!

How do you do that?

I have a Nex-3 to sacrifice to the cause of science.
But the conversion seems a bit involved!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!!

jamaeolus wrote:
Klaus, I love your alternate spectrum work. Perhaps after I retire I might dabble. Why do you think it's a GMO?

Thannks! I assume it is a GMO breed, as I have never seen such a filled version before, but I may be wrong, it could also have been breeded by selection, but this process usually takes many generations ...

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!!

jamaeolus wrote:

Thannks! I assume it is a GMO breed, as I have never seen such a filled version before, but I may be wrong, it could also have been breeded by selection, but this process usually takes many generations ...

luisalegria wrote:
Dude!
UV I think I understand, but "bee vision"?

!!!!

How do you do that?

I have a Nex-3 to sacrifice to the cause of science.
But the conversion seems a bit involved!

Simulated bee and butterfly vision is mapping the three for a bee (UV, B, G) or four for a butterfly (UV, B, G, R) "color" channels into our human (B, G, R) color space to make it visible (like what NASA does with their aerial and astro images). The channels (UV, Blue, Green, Red) itself need to be recorded with filters which match the eye sensitivities of bee / butterfly.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very very interesting post, nice job !

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you run out of ideas:

https://www.livescience.com/42797-mantis-shrimp-sees-color.html

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
When you run out of ideas:

https://www.livescience.com/42797-mantis-shrimp-sees-color.html

Yep, the "record holder" Wink