Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Using odd lenses on Micro 4/3rds cameras
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some lovely shots there!

This thread really makes me want a micro 4/3 cam. Damn... I hear my money running away in fear. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A (used) G1 has gotten really cheap these days...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? I didn't check prices for the G1s, I was looking at the prices for new GF1s and EP1s.

Sounds good though, gives me hope. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Never be a first adopter! Reply with quote

Never be a first adopter!

That is why you are on a manual lenses board! The prices are dropping. But there is a learning experience, as each odd lens has to be used a fair bit to see how useful etc. Ep1's are also becoming affordable!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for sharing all this Very Happy So much inspiration here! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my... I loved them all especially that jungle shot. What a painter!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Lens shopping Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I am looking for some glass for micro 4/3.
Assuming lens diameter is sufficient, Super 8mm lenses should adapt okay am I right, or do I need to stick with 16mm C-Mount?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Lens shopping Reply with quote

muzzl3 wrote:
Hi guys,
I am looking for some glass for micro 4/3.
Assuming lens diameter is sufficient, Super 8mm lenses should adapt okay am I right, or do I need to stick with 16mm C-Mount?

Welcome! Super 8 not draw whole image circle just center spot, 16mm lenses also not draw it below 25mm. Some 25mm lenses draw it like Tevidon 25mm some others not like Angenieux 25mm. You can use all SRL and most rangefinder lenses on it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila,
I am already on the search for some M42 mount glass, but the whole C mount thing could be cheap option depending on the local market. Obviously have have few lenses right now, just a few Canon EF lenses and Tele/Wide adaptors.
I will ignore all the 8mm lenses and look at 25mm+ 16's and M42.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look TV lenses, Soligor C mount lenses generally they are pretty good and cheap

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big thank you,
I had one in my sights online, but details were scarce, and I have since decided that it's a tele adaptor.
Not much online in my local, but I am going hunting in the secondhand stores this weekend.

I have to say that this new camera has gone beyond re-igniting my photography interests.
Shooting in RAW will quickly require me to
a) clean up my near 4TB's of disk space or
b) Buy a NAS and most definately
c) Buy an online backup solution from www.backflip.co.nz
I am in no way affiliated to these people, but I have lost many gigs of photos over the years due to bad storage devices, however this is not the place to discuss that.

Oh yeah, I am in NZ, although I do buy a lot from ebay USA etc, so I will keep my search there also.

Most Soligor on www.trademe.co.nz is Minolta Bayonet, so I expect M42 will probably be my best bet for Local supplies.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: C mount gen info Reply with quote

http://www.instructables.com/id/C-Mount-Lenses-for-mirrorless-micro-43-and-APS-C/

short basic article! Enjoy!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seema that for those who own C mount lenses the new developments in the area of mirrorless cameras can be very interesting : the J/V Nikon ,with it's 16mm diagonal should allow a better coverage for most C lenses ,than for the mft .Not speaking about Pentax Q ,wich is much smaller.
Sadly , these bodies are still costly enough and teh cine lenses are not any more cheap either.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Adapters Reply with quote

I realize that this is an old thread but having just discovered it makes it new to me Smile

Imagine my excitement at having learned that an old Summar 50/2 that I have can actually be used on a modern digital camera (EP-1 or 2). Can I ask where I would find an adapter to use it on one of these cameras? Are there any lenses aside from those already discussed that can't be used on the Oly? Thanks for your help!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty such adapters available on ebay for about any lens type and camera...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvellous images with the cooke Kinic 1". the effect is similar to Petzval lens.

Is it your lens equal to this one?

Thanks