Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

US: Canon PIXMA PRO-100 w/paper, free ship, $59 after rebate
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkedAddled wrote:

I read an article on the 'net a few years back, discussing ink costs.
The article explained that on average, inks for printers cost several times more
per fluid ounce than the world's most expensive commercially-available perfume frangrances! Shocked

LOL Imagine spritzing some printer inks on instead of perfume Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
SkedAddled wrote:

I read an article on the 'net a few years back, discussing ink costs.
The article explained that on average, inks for printers cost several times more
per fluid ounce than the world's most expensive commercially-available perfume frangrances! Shocked

LOL Imagine spritzing some printer inks on instead of perfume Very Happy

Or airbrush makeup. Oh, wait, they already have it! lol

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now for the accounting.

How many of the Canon Pixma 100 printers are still in use, useable, now, 1.5 years later?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Now for the accounting.

How many of the Canon Pixma 100 printers are still in use, useable, now, 1.5 years later?

Mine is still going strong, over a year later, with minimal use.
No dried inks or clogs. The inks are dye instead of pigment, which is less prone to clogging.
I've been refilling ink tanks with Precision Colors inks, to excellent results.

Interestingly enough, I haven't seen the rebates being offered on the PRO-100
since I purchased. It used to be offered 2 or more times per year.

I also don't find the printer offered by Adorama; just inks.
B&H is offering it, but their pricing is the same as Canon's MSRP,
with just a $150 rebate.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've owned probably half a dozen Epson printers. I've thrown away every one. You'd think I would have learned sooner, but truth be told a few of them were given to me. Why? Heh, because their nozzles were clogged, of course. When that happens an Epson is pretty much toast.

Never buy another one. If Epson were the last printer maker on Earth, I would happily use crayon and paper.

I've been using a Canon Pixma for the last two years an i6800 series, I believe it is. It sees occasional use, handles color very well when I need it, and nary the hint of a clog has occurred. I'm very pleased with this printer.