Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Uprooted - Pentacon Six + MC Arsat (Zodiak) 30mm + Ektar 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Uprooted - Pentacon Six + MC Arsat (Zodiak) 30mm + Ektar 100 Reply with quote

I have not posted pictures to the forum in quite some time. The reason being was that my scanner did not make it in the move down to FL with me. I was able to retrieve it this weekend though and have had time to play around a bit. This was just the first scan I did:

Not too much PP. Basic sharpening when resizing. Didn't really even make an attempt to clean off the dust.

There's many more pictures with this lens+camera combo to come so keep checking back. Thanks. Hope you enjoyed!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magical forest look, great picture as always, I look forward more!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great use of that lens! i like everything about this pic.
tony

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one. You almost couldn't guess the tree was uprooted.

Reminds me I need to shoot with this lens more. It's by far the widest I have and the only fisheye.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always been impressed with how my older single-coated Zodiak handled flare. You'd think with that massive from element, it would be a nightmare but there very minimal contrast loss. This MC Arsat, not surprisingly, is even better!

Here was another from the roll. The sun was right out of frame at the top. All one can see is some reflections:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally forgot to follow up and update with some more pictures. Here are a couple more. One is a self-portrait with the Pentacon Six's self-timer.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there not that much interest in these? I guess the effect does get a little redundant...

Fine, do you need a female model to comment on? Smile This wasn't with the Arsat 30mm obviously, but with the Industar 29 80mm (salyut mount with adapter). Same camera and film though. Missed the focus a bit...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could I miss these? Terrific pictures!!

P.S. Anastasia is special, of course we miss her Smile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some are really "wooow"! Very very well done!
I wish I had an Arsat 30 + working P6

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much guys!

Sometimes the Arsat is a little too wide! (notice the bottom left corner):

Oh, and here's another of Stasia with the Industar 80mm. I thought this image had a really interesting "feel." It's a Tessar type lens used wide open.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is one of the few times when I see that Arsat producing results I like. It's one of the few russian MF lenses (the other being the 65 mm) I never was after, even rejected a very cheap offer.

Do adapters from Kiev88/Saljut to P6 that retains the automatic apperture?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The adapters say that they do but I have yet to see it work reliably. The actuator in the camera and the back pin line up but not well. The actuator also has to be adjusted to press the pin all the way in. I only use three 88 lenses on my Pentacon Six: the industar 80mm and the two Mir 65mms (the old 3 and new 38 ). I just use them manually.

P.S. Why would you stay away from the Zodiak/Arsat and Mir 38 65mm?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, missed those too. GREAT WORK man!!