Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Upgrade to Sony A7 or A7R
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are not in a hurry, Attila, wait for the A7 II. Kram has posted a link.

With IS, perfect for manual lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I had the A7R for over a year...

I loved the A7R! The shutter sound never bothered me and the image quality is insanely good when conditions are right.
I still have my OM-D for shooting with C-munts and the step up from OM-D (which is a good camera) is very noticeable.

What I didn`t like about A7R:
Huge datafiles (50mb).
Small grip, batterygrip solved it.
The 1/60 s min shuttertime in A mode with autoiso, no way to adjust min shutter.
36mp needs faster shuttertimes compared to lower resolution cameras to make sharp pictures.

FF also feels more right for all the old lenses you can adapt. I bet you will have lots of fun with your Biometar 75mm if you buy the A7 Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second Lars regarding A7r.
I also have it more than a year. It is my most used body, esp when i use with canon FD and konica lenses. I don't have many wide rangefinder, but almost completed FD from 300/2.8 and wider.

In addition, what I don't like a7r:
- Noisy, not suitable for church, performance, concert
- Low burst rate, and short buffer, even the fastest card. I shoot raw. I am ok with 2-3 frames/second, but the buffer must allow me to take 20 pics.
- 1/60s is ok some times, but razor sharp is not 100%

I also like the form factor of nex5n. Combine with touch screen, 100+gram AF lenses, is very light and small for travelling.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
.........WA performance is not important, only center.

If You are not in need to use MF WA lenses I don't thnk that an FF cam is nessesary, NEX does it's job even with it's crop factor. If You'd been a wide freak, FF makes sense.
Looking at Your kind of photography exquisite portrait with wide open teles, A7 can't do better.
Just my five cent Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!! Any step up in image quality VS NEX-7 , A7 or A7R ?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll loose a few lenses you like a lot if you move on to a A7r (like the 35mm Tevidon) as they won't cover FF, just as a reminder.

If you need the higher Mpixel count for your PRO model work, I would understand the move, otherwise just us the A7 (or A7 II)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can just switch to APS-C mode when using your Tevidon or crop away the vignetting parts Wink

I am really impressed with the A7 II. I like the bigger size (compared to A7R), better grip, fantastic IBIS, lens komp app which writes Exif data of all the old lenses too. IQ ia a half step down from A7R, but the camera is so much better in many other areas and in my opinion the best mirrorless camera for old manual lenses at this moment. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Lars!

just read a report saying that the A7II will have it's IBIS disabled and there is no way of turning it on when mounting an adapted lens after having had mounted a Sony OOS lens. Only after mounting a after having mounted a Sony OOS lens. Only mounting a Sony non OOS lens first again will enable IBIS to work with adapted lenses again:
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3772357