Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

update:c/y to canon eos 5d adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: update:c/y to canon eos 5d adapter Reply with quote

could anyone recommend a really good one and a good ebay seller who purveys them? much appreciated!
tony

UPDATE: hey guys, there must be at least 20 of you who shoot contax lenses on canon 5d or 5dmkii--no thoughts at all on a good adapter and seller??!! Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, what did you go for in the end? I'm coming to the conclusion that my adapter is too thin, as all lenses focus just past infinity. It is fine on the XXD series, but on the 5D mk I it is not so good. My Planar 50/1.4 lenses will just reach infinity, any further and the mirror gets stuck.

The Distagon 28/2.8 will not work at any focusing distance, while the 35/2.8 is fine until infinity where it hits the mirror.

So far the HappypageHK adapter looks like the best bet, but before I shell out a load of money, has anyone got any alternatives?

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My adapter seems also too thin for ZEiss lenses Sad

i bought it @ pixlamb

Now i'm waiting for a Fotodiox adapter. My choice was due to fact that they tested Zeiss lenses on both aps-c and FF Canon's , for instance the 5D and they used this adapter to do the tests, so i think it's a reliable one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hexi, did you go for the normal one or the pro version?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 5D Mark II compatibility chart, has a column on adaptors
U will find it very useful.
BIG_IS adaptors seem to be working fine for the majority.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dakoo

Interesting about the big_is adapter. There seems to be a couple of people using them here, but on other forums people are complaining that they are too thin and lenses hit the mirror. Will investigate further!

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrek i bought a normal version, paid 22$. I don't know if more expensive means automatically no problems :s. Didn't get mine yet to test, but i'll give a shout here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine with the AF chip from Alex (hk300). It's working for my Makro-Planar 100/2.8 and the 28/2.8. I am sure he can source some good quality adapters for us at a reasonable cost.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are various sellers but how many manufacturers? Are they all really the same? I got a chipped one because it was all I could find - it works fine but cost and arm and a leg. I can't remember the vendor now, sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, received the adapter today from fotodiox, mounted a 85mm Sonnar and ... lens hits the mirror again Confused crap. i don't want to brake it. Any ideas of a working adapter to the 5D and tested ? thanx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send it back! What a shame Sad

I hear these adapters are excellent however, I will try one soon:

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will. Hopefully my m42 adapter is more than fibe, no problems.

That said, this all adapter stuff, makes me think even more of buying a Zeiss ZE lens Laughing

here's an interesting read : link

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, me and Hexi are going for it with the HappyPageHK adapters Very Happy Will provide an update when they arrive!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrek wrote:

I confirm these are good adapters. I had one without a chip; it was lost in mail when sending as a small packet for installing an AF chip Sad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
Shrek wrote:

I confirm these are good adapters. I had one without a chip; it was lost in mail when sending as a small packet for installing an AF chip Sad

Well that is good news Smile Not about you losing your adapter though, that sucks! Sad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great , Zeisses will be very happy on the 5D Cool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried my C/Y adapter on my 500D when I got it because it was closest to me, everything worked ok Smile When I finally put it on my 5DMk2, I get an error between the camera communicating with the lens Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wilson.c wrote:
I tried my C/Y adapter on my 500D when I got it because it was closest to me, everything worked ok Smile When I finally put it on my 5DMk2, I get an error between the camera communicating with the lens Crying or Very sad

Tape over the contacts? Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about taping over the contacts today and remounting the lens. I gave it another try and it seems to be working now. Must have been a contact issue.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The HappyPageHK adapter arrived! Very Happy And guess what? My lenses now work!

Here are the results:

Distagon 28/2.8 MM - perfect (yay!!!!)
Distagon 35/2.8 AE - hits mirror at infinity (still takes a photo)
Planar 50/1.4 AE - perfect
Planar 50/1.7 AE - perfect
Makro Planar 100/2.8 - error (need to investigate!)
Vario-Sonnar 35-70/3.4 - perfect (yay!!!!!)
Vario-Sonnar 80-200/4 - perfect (yay!!!!!)

Not too fussed about the Distagon 35 as I have the Vario-Sonnar for that range, and I'm not sure why the Makro-Planar doesn't work as it's fine with the cheaper adapter. I'm getting an 'err' message which is exactly what I mumbled when I didn't get a photo Laughing

Really pleased that I can now use the Distagon 28mm and Vario-Sonnar 35-70mm, this is a big step forward and means I don't have to shave the mirror yet Smile