Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Unusual Chinon 28mm f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Unusual Chinon 28mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

I bought this about an hour ago.
The grip reminds me of Tomioka (although it's possible that many other brands used that kind of grip).Not much is written on the front, not even the lens diameter.
I didn't manage to find anything regarding that lens, which i think is either too good, or too bad.
Is it possible to guess the manufacturer? is there anyone with hands-on experience?

Thanks in advance Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Unusual Chinon 28mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

Gingar wrote:
I bought this about an hour ago.
The grip reminds me of Tomioka (although it's possible that many other brands used that kind of grip).Not much is written on the front, not even the lens diameter.
I didn't manage to find anything regarding that lens, which i think is either too good, or too bad.
Is it possible to guess the manufacturer? is there anyone with hands-on experience?

Thanks in advance Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe your lens to be manufactured by Sun and of early to mid 1970s vintage. These Sun lenses were sold by Hanimex, Tamron "F System", Soligor and probably many others. I have one buried around here somewhere. I've forgotten whose name appears on it!

Additional: Mine is branded Miida, a contraction used by Marubeni Iida Corp. The Chinon/Hanimex/Soligor/Sun/Tamron "F"/Weltblick lens is similar in appearance to the Tokina 2.8/28. Differences are the Sun lens uses the Nikon/Pentax focus orientation and uses 62mm filters, vs 58mm for the Tokina.

Last edited by casualcollector on Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had it in soligor brand.

Average rendición. Capable of good pics.

Some CA in wider apertures.

Ok to me