Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Uno Bokeh
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Uno Bokeh Reply with quote

I wasn't completely satisfied with the original bokeh of the Uno so I did some fine-tuning increasing the spacing between the lens groups. Here are some results from a torture test, all shots hand-held at rather slow shutter speeds:

When the conditions allow, I'll do some street shooting to make sure. However, here is an OOF shot with highlights and a crop from an in-focus shot to show that the resolution didn't suffer too much.

How about that?

Veijo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pictures, Veijo! Sharpness and contrast are rather poor (I know... bad weather, poor light conditions, long exposure), but the bokeh looks nice and creamy. Last crop presents good sharpness, despite some jpg artefacts.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bokeh looks fine. Contrast typical for such an old lens, well mostly. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxim wrote:
Thanks for the pictures, Veijo! Sharpness and contrast are rather poor (I know... bad weather, poor light conditions, long exposure), but the bokeh looks nice and creamy.

Also, the DOF at target in these bush shots varies between 3 and 15 mm, and focusing with the 350D with an f/7.7 (or T/8.1) lens in under lowish contrast conditions isn't any too easy. The last rose bush shot was taken against light in order to test the flare behavior. I made no adjustments.

Here are two similar shots taken with Leitz Elmarit-R 2.8/135 under similar or perhaps slightly better conditions although using a somewhat larger aperture. Of course, there is even less DOF, but focusing certainly was much easier. Anyway, one really ought to use a tripod and focus bracketing for shots like these.

Elmarit-R:

Elmarit-R:

Veijo