Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

UNI 35mm 2.8 ???
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: UNI 35mm 2.8 ??? Reply with quote

Does anyone have any info on the Uni marked lenses?
I just won this lens on ebay. I never used one so I wanted to give it a go... A bit compulsive I think. Confused Shocked

I'm a sucker when it comes to buying glass, I'll try anything once ! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since no one has chimed in yet, I'll go out on a limb with two guesses. #1; a fixed mount Tamron. #2; A member of the Nagano clan, Chinon, Cosina, Komine, Tomioka.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

casualcollector wrote:
Since no one has chimed in yet, I'll go out on a limb with two guesses. #1; a fixed mount Tamron. #2; A member of the Nagano clan, Chinon, Cosina, Komine, Tomioka.

I thought it looked a bit like a Tomioka but you never can be sure. I was hoping maybe someone has used these in the past and knows a bit more about it than I do.

I dosent look like any Tamron I own so, I would have to say probaly not a Tamron.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a ringer for your UNI. Eyemik. Mitake is a manufacturer I've seen associated with Eyemik.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

casualcollector wrote:
Found a ringer for your UNI. Eyemik. Mitake is a manufacturer I've seen associated with Eyemik.

Yep, thats a definite twin of my lens. Very Happy

Thanks casualcollector.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yessss ! I have the Eyemik 2,8/28mm , and physically looks like this 35 (Larger, however ...) I wonder if Eyemik is 100% Mitake ... , I have often see the Brand "Eyemik Mitake Optical Co" I Have also a 200mm Eyemik which is very good , and a 2nd copy branded "Admiral" (Swiss brand !) .
You can find even a 1,8/135mm Eyemik (strange , isn't it ) ...
http://www.pentaxclub.co.kr/bbs/data2/Free_Board/came_ya_img600x418_1120737028dscf2225.jpg
Who really made the famous 1,8/135mm ?
Mitake is also branded "Eyemik Quantary" .... Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios wrote:
Yessss ! I have the Eyemik 2,8/28mm , and physically looks like this 35 (Larger, however ...) I wonder if Eyemik is 100% Mitake ... , I have often see the Brand "Eyemik Mitake Optical Co" I Have also a 200mm Eyemik which is very good , and a 2nd copy branded "Admiral" (Swiss brand !) .
You can find even a 1,8/135mm Eyemik (strange , isn't it ) ...
http://www.pentaxclub.co.kr/bbs/data2/Free_Board/came_ya_img600x418_1120737028dscf2225.jpg
Who really made the famous 1,8/135mm ?
Mitake is also branded "Eyemik Quantary" .... Very Happy

I see the 135/1,8 Eyemic, and ask : Is there any difference with the soligor/spiratone/etc lenses 135/1,8? I believe that already PK 135/1.8 is of another quality, isn't it?

Rino

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 135/1.8 and similar cheap large-aperture lenses of the 1970's I think came from Sigma, or someone was making them under license to Sigma designs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
The 135/1.8 and similar cheap large-aperture lenses of the 1970's I think came from Sigma, or someone was making them under license to Sigma designs.

EDIT!
There are least four completely different optical designs used for the various older third-party 135mm f1.8 lenses that are available. Who exactly were their manufacturers is the hardest question to answer. The Spitatone Plura Coat was definitely made by Mitake, because it actually says so on the lens. Likewise, the Sigmatel was definitely made my Sigma (as I have seen a picture of one in an old Sigma catalogue and it has the little Greek Sigma character stamped on it too, a sure fire way to recognise a Sigma made lens. I cannot be certain who made the others at this point though and I have therefore altered my optical digram image accordingly.
Here you can compare the four known optical types...Note: Only two of the makers are currently known for certain:

Last edited by DSG on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, four different optical schemes! Not sure Soligor made lenses though, so who knows where the last one came from Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Soligor made lenses either, and with the number of small Japanese makers in the past, who knows?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I don't think Soligor made lenses either, and with the number of small Japanese makers in the past, who knows?

From what I've been reading today Zeiss apparently took over one of the larger Japanese third party lens manufacturers back in seventies (cant remember who now though) and they burned all the records that the company had amassed prior to their takeover!...That means all the records of the lenses they made and what brands they sold them under are now gone forever. Crying or Very sad
I've been trying to get more information on any of the old 135mm f1.8 lenses I know about but its early days yet. Well at least its a start Wink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSG wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

From what I've been reading today Zeiss apparently took over one of the larger Japanese third party lens manufacturers back in seventies (cant remember who now though) and they burned all the records that the company had amassed prior to their takeover!...That means all the records of the lenses they made and what brands they sold them under are now gone forever. Crying or Very sad
I've been trying to get more information on any of the old 135mm f1.8 lenses I know about but its early days yet. Well at least its a start Wink

I heard same what Zeiss did with Jena factory all rare lenses, prototypes was hammered and documentation was burned... when they took Jena factory.I never ever forgive this to them, no new lens purchase by me from Zeiss. I rather pay same amount on old lenses than give a single penny to them.