Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Two views on Tamron Adaptall 01B
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Two views on Tamron Adaptall 01B Reply with quote

I like my lenses to work as hard as possible, so they should be able to do duty on my D7100 and my A7. The latter is a piece of cake - adapters galore - but the Nikon is choosier - and the glass is more expensive. Fortunately, there is the Adaptall system to the rescue - the 01B 24mm 2.5 doubles nicely as a 24 mm on A7 and a 35mm on the D7100.

Two walks on consecutive days - same route, almost the same overcast sky, with only now and then a trace of blue - gave the lens a chance to get back to work.
1. 24mm, just around the corner

2. Same place @35mm

3. Wiiide angle - 24mm on A7

4. Getting closer- 35mm on D7100

5. At 24mm you see more...

6. 35mm gives you a closer look

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shots Bob,you have reminded me of how well this lens performs and should use mine more often.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent images for sure.
Thank you
T

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took out a just acquired Tamron 01BB 24mm this morning and took some test pics on my pentax K5 in between the rain showers. These daffs amongst some heather caught my eye.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice contrasting colours.... Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos, Bob! You're really preaching to the choir here. I've owned a 01BB for several years -- scored it for cheap off eBay because it was mis-listed. Mine is sharper than my Nikkor AIs 24mm. Here's a photo I took with a Canon F-1 and Kodak Elite Chrome 100. It was at a photo shoot. I like taking pictures of people taking pictures.

Note the detail on the shoe in the lower left of the photo. The Nikkor AIs 24/2.8 is noticeably blurry in the corners and if I had been shooting with it, that shoe wouldn't have been as clear as it is.