Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Two TAMRON lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Two TAMRON lenses Reply with quote

Two Tamron lenses, both 'Gifts' -- I have been using them lately -- on the LEFT is a fixed focal length 300mm f5.6 and on the RIGHT my latest gift an 'SP' 3.5-4 70-210mm zoom. Both have the 'adaptall' mount, M42 screw so I can use them with all my Screw thread cameras and my K10D with the Bayonet- Screw adapter. They are fully useable at full aperture.
Two Tamron lenses by pentaxpete, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice score Pete. Quite a few people rate the SP 300mm and IMO its predecessor (on the L in your pic) the CT300 is almost as good. You can do a bit of a comparison....

They are both adaptalls of course so you can always get a PK or PKA mount for them.

Last edited by marcusBMG on Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If youre going to use them on the K10D, then I would highly recommend getting the tamron PK
mount for the lenses so you can stop them down as well as use them wide open.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CT 300 is a very good lens, any lack of sharpness compared to it's rivals is made up for by it being lighter and much easier to handle. I get better pictures from the Tamron than I do from the Tair 300.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SP 70-200mm f/3.5-4 Model 52A is very handy for close-up/macro/bokeh, because it has 1:2 magnification at the long end.

The sharpness is also pretty good. Lighter than the Vivitar S1 90-180mm f/4.5 Flat Field. And usually much more inexpensive too.

Some samples:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tamron made some of the best zoom lenses of the day. Every one I've got gives me very acceptable pictures, sometimes first class pictures. Although a lot of that depends my skills - or lack of skills! But I do believe that out of the third party lens manufacturers Tamron gave photographers the best quality for the money in zooms. Maybe equal to Vivitar.