Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Two BIG lenses !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Two BIG lenses ! Reply with quote

My Russian MTO 500mm f8 Mirror lens I got it many years ago when I had to do 'sport' photos for a local newspaper. I did a lot of Cricket photos with it but do not use it much now as all the work has gone . It has the Russian M39 ' Leica Screw' and came with a M42 'Pentax Screw' adapter and several large filters which I use on my Hasselblad and other lenses and the wooden box seen in photo.
it will not fit my Pentax K10D digital as it fouls the overhanging pentaprism due to the built-in flash of the K10D. It is shown on a Russian 'Zenith body.

Mirror Lens by pentaxpete, on Flickr
My Tokina 300mm f2.8 shown fitted to a Canon FTBn -- I bought it for Sport as my f8 Russian MTO 500 was too slow in dull weather soccer action -- it was over £ 1000-00 !! ( Luckily TAX DEDUCTIBLE over several years ! ) It takes filters in the rear. It did not come in 'PENTAX' fit so luckily I had a Canon to use it with. Now all that work has dried up and i do not use it much.

300 Tokina by pentaxpete, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokina looks very impressive!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get also an adapter to use the MTO as a spotting scope. It is an excellent lens!