Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Twelve 2.8/135mm lenses compared on 5DmkII
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vivitar one touch 70-150/3.8 is not a bad lens, it's only lacking a bit of contrast (not surprising for a zoom lens).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
The Vivitar one touch 70-150/3.8 is not a bad lens, it's only lacking a bit of contrast (not surprising for a zoom lens).

Indeed it is good, for example:-in my close up tests it was up with all my consumer primes like Helios, Canon, Oly and Hexanon...but my copy is not at it's best at 150mm.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copy of vivitar 70-150mm (serial 22xxxxx) is a very sharp lens....only dont like the one touch system!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice read up!

I would like to say that the Konica 135mm F 2.5 is a strong contender for beeing a cheap and very, very good 135mm lense.. It has some problems vs direct light, but otherwise the contrast and sharpness is amazing.. I haven't seen many teleportrait lenses as sharp as the Konicas 135mm F 2.5 on my Sony A7..,. And I've tried alot.. Not the most expensive Zeiss lense etc.. and not the Son.. oh wait they haven't made one ofc..

Damnit.. Well, maybe konica and sony go well together with adapters, but I've had really good experiences with most of my Konica lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An oldie but goodie. I see from my post that I was pretty early into this MFL thing; less than two years. Since then, my Series 1 and Tair-11 are still at the top of my list, but Rokkor PF has joined them. Many others, while very good, fall behind due to slower speed or longer minimum focus distance. The Primotar does make it into the bag on occasion for the effects.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus one on Konica/Sony a7 marriages.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for reviving this old thread but I'm in the process of looking for a good 135mm
Is it me or the Sonnar C/Y clearly has better microcontrast compared to the Pentacon preset shown in the first post comparing bokeh under the subtitle "The bokeh thing.."

Reposting the images here for clearer comparison

Pentacon preset

Sonnar C/Y