Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tudorcolor XLX ISO 100 KONICA FC-1 Hexanon 40mm f1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Tudorcolor XLX ISO 100 KONICA FC-1 Hexanon 40mm f1.8 Reply with quote

Looks pretty nice film even if one of the cheapest.

Hi-res images are here

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hex 40 is a sharp lens, and that Tudorcolor ain't a bad film for
everyday use. Nicely done! Wink

Last edited by Katastrofo on Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've used Tudor film in the past but can't easily find any Tudor negs to scan, anyway went on the net to try and find out who made this film and came across this link and this guy seems impressed:-

http://lewiscollard.com/cameras/tudor-colour-negative-film/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is this film made?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Where is this film made?

Well this is a well known UK photography shop and they say "made in Japan".
http://www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk/products/1066/tudor-colour-print-135-36-iso-200

And the majority of other links point to Fuji, some say Fuji Superia 200.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuji in my opinion too. Fuji color 200 perhaps or superia.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first roll of the very same film. I did the scan by myself (Epson V330 Photo, standard Epson software, with only dust removal activated) and, well, tell me what you think. Not only the photographic point of view, but about the image quality itself. Some were slightly post-processed (saturation, contrast mainly), some not. They were taken with an Helios 28/2.8 and an Industar 50-2 50/3.5, mostly between 5.6 and 11 to increase depth of field.

Flickr album: http://www.flickr.com/photos/derdide/sets/72157627167369168/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Result is very nice!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes? I'm a bit disappointed I must say. First, dust... I don't know how to solve it. Then, I don't know, I was expecting more colors. And a bit more sharpness (though this may come from the lens). When I look at yours, they look much better! (and I don't mention framing or composition)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ylyad wrote:
Yes? I'm a bit disappointed I must say. First, dust... I don't know how to solve it. Then, I don't know, I was expecting more colors. And a bit more sharpness (though this may come from the lens). When I look at yours, they look much better! (and I don't mention framing or composition)

I did shoot closer distance , much easier to get great result on print film on closer distance than at infinity distance. Try one more roll from 0-15m and compare them. Sharpness also not a territory of inexpensive print film if you wold like to get sharper result need to scan in tiff and sharpen more on computer. Dust is not film fault, developing, scanning problem. If still there use a dust fixing tool on computer as I do.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll try close shots. I was planning to do infinity anyway but well, I'll live with it. I scanned in tiff, I'll increase sharpness processing then. Thanks for the tips

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Print film resolution is low to shoot infinity if you want to shoot brilliant infinity shoots use slide films.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Print film resolution is low to shoot infinity if you want to shoot brilliant infinity shoots use slide films.

Not entirely sure I agree any more. Slow high quality print films like Ektar 100 seem pretty good to me. Since the demise of Kodachrome I have essentially given up on slide film now. I was looking at some Velvia 50 120 slides the other day though, and the scans really, really do not do them justice. Sad

K.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ektar is latest development I can imagine it's resolution can reach slide resolution as some low ISO film did in past too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Well, I've a lot of these Tudor rolls in my freezer, I'll finish them and then, I'll give slides a try Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

I did shoot closer distance , much easier to get great result on print film on closer distance than at infinity distance.

Ah Attila you are forgetting Reala and superia 200 with Hexanon lenses Wink original shots were supermarket dev and scan, but re-scanned for crop on my V750

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes these are good but not reach slide film sharpness I think.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I'll try to shoot with other lenses (Mir 1B and Jupiter 37A these days). Second, I realize that most of my "infinity" shots were not focused at infinity: to increase dof, I closed and focuses before infinity. So infinity should be in the field, however, I'll try again focusing at infinity. Results expected later this week Smile