Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TTL Flash with manual focus lens on Sony A7II
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: TTL Flash with manual focus lens on Sony A7II Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

I have a Sony A7II and only manual focus lenses.
I want to buy my first flash ever , but I was wondering if TTL wil work with legacy glass?
The flash I want to buy is the nissin i40.
I know it is possible to enter the focal lenth into the camera.

Does TTL Speedlight work on a Sony A7II with legacy glass ?

thx, Gert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: TTL Flash with manual focus lens on Sony A7II Reply with quote

asterinex wrote:

I have a Sony A7II and only manual focus lenses.
I want to buy my first flash ever , but I was wondering if TTL wil work with legacy glass?
The flash I want to buy is the nissin i40.
I know it is possible to enter the focal lenth into the camera.
Does TTL Speedlight work on a Sony A7II with legacy glass ?

TTL metering will work with ANY lens, whereas more advanced modes like ADI will only work with certain AF lenses.
When this Nissin is supporting Sony/Minolta TTL then it will work with any lens as stated before.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Thx!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know about A7. This is for the Sony DSLR bodies:

Minolta TTL used to require film for sensor to read reflection and cutoff when saturated.

Digital TTL, TTL-ADI or what ever you call it, only works with "digital" flash. like 2500D iirc.

All other flash will fire at full power all the time.

Can only reduce by fiddling on the flash itself. Some have 1/4 or 1/16 option. Some have "computer flash", which is like TTL only it has its own sensor and cutoff. This works with any body if you can get it to fire. Only you need to set the F value and ISO on the flash too.