Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trying out Ektar 100 on a Pentax MX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Trying out Ektar 100 on a Pentax MX Reply with quote

For the last year or so I have been using up my remaining stocks of Kodachrome 64. I had always used slide film for colour images because a number of them would always be for lecture purposes, and because I was never impressed with the odd roll of print film I had used.

Now, Kodachrome is no more and all my lectures use powerpoint leaving me free to try different films and see which one I like. I decided to try out the relatively new Kodak Ektar 100. My first impressions are very positive. Here are a few frames from my first roll shot using my MX and variety of Pentax manual prime lenses, commercial dev and scan.

1. Azalea Park, Summerville, South Carolina.

2. Fountain, Central Park, New York.

3. Frozen reservoir, Central Park, New York.

4. Sunset, Cental Park, New York.

5. Twilight in Hertfordshire

Best wishes, Kris.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exccellent captures and fantastic quality for a scanned print film, I did believe this are slides.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice photos,I like the skyline shots best and very timely from your MX.
I have had my MX serviced and I am looking forward to running some film through it....I have expired kodak gold 100 so I may give that a go first up.
Did your photos lose anything in the scanning process?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The (machine) prints look a bit more saturated than the scans. On the other hand I have managed to correct the blue colour cast on the Central Park sunset shot...

I have to crack scanning them myself now.

I am impressed by this film and will use it again.

K.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the results, very natural colors. Thank you for sharing.