Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Triotar 135mm versus Pentovar 15-60mm/30-120mm variofocal
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:34 am    Post subject: Triotar 135mm versus Pentovar 15-60mm/30-120mm variofocal Reply with quote

Hello,

I currently have been using a Pentovar Variofocal on my Pentaflex AK16 and am pretty happy with the results so far, however, I have the opportunity to purchase a very nice condition Triotar 135mm. I have done a little research on the net and most everyone states that the Triotar is a great lens.

What I was hoping from the other members are suggestions, should I get the Triotar? Will the images be appreciably better than the Pentovar I have been using? If the difference is negligible I would rather use the money to shoot and develop some film instead.

Bearing in mind my last Pentovar got a bent blade and the repair was really annoying, hence the reason I went out and bought another. Will the Triotar outlast the Pentovar? How often will I get the chance to buy a Triotar with a Pentaflex mount?

I am conflicted.....

cheers, Gareth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will most likely have more / better bokeh bubbles, but optically I would assume the Pentovar to be the better color corrected optics than the simple Cooke Triplet Triotar. But it is comparing a very early zoom lens with a fixed lens... Wink