Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Traditional NIKON gear I have 'taken over'
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Traditional NIKON gear I have 'taken over' Reply with quote

Cor Blimey !! Pentaxpete has now 'taken over ' a load of NIKON film gear to go with all my other treasures !! It is from my Wife who never uses it now she has left Brentwood Photographic Club and just does photos on her Fuji Finepix S9600 ----- The FE + 28mm, 50mm and 105mm lenses came from a Widow Lady for £90 about 20 years ago, then she was given the FG with Nikon bellows ( not shown) by another Widow Lady and I bought the FE2 from a Camera Club member as it has 1/250th second flash synch speed and I used it for a while as all the other local Press Snappers had 1/250 on their Canons and Nikons and my ME Super Pentax only synched at 1/125th -- then along came 'DIGITAL and overnight FILM was OUT and FE2 never got much use. Since then we were given a NIKKOR AF 35-80 f4-5.6D lens which is 'plasticy' but sharp enough. I reckon the 105mm f2.5 Nikkor is NOT as good as my 105mm f2.8 SMC Takumar on my M42 Asahi Pentaxes and my 50mm f1.7 SMC Pentax and the 50mm f1.4 G.Zuiko auto-S lens on my OM-2n beats the Nikkor 50mm f1.8
Nikon FE by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Nikon FE2 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Nikon FG by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Nikon FG with AF lens by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

28 and 105 lenses by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1
Nice stuff!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for comments -- here is the NIKON PB5 Bellows Unit which Wife never used, shown with the FG Body + Nikkor 105mm f2.5 lens

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that the bellows puts the camera on its side. Can it be rotated?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes -- it CAN be rotated by pressing a catch on the mount.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: Traditional NIKON gear I have 'taken over' Reply with quote

[quote="pentaxpete"]Cor Blimey !! Pentaxpete has now 'taken over ' a load of NIKON film gear to go with all my other treasures !! It is from my Wife who never uses it now she has left Brentwood Photographic Club and just does photos on her Fuji Finepix S9600 ----- The FE + 28mm, 50mm and 105mm lenses came from a Widow Lady for £90 about 20 years ago, then she was given the FG with Nikon bellows ( not shown) by another Widow Lady and I bought the FE2 from a Camera Club member as it has 1/250th second flash synch speed and I used it for a while as all the other local Press Snappers had 1/250 on their Canons and Nikons and my ME Super Pentax only synched at 1/125th -- then along came 'DIGITAL and overnight FILM was OUT and FE2 never got much use. Since then we were given a NIKKOR AF 35-80 f4-5.6D lens which is 'plasticy' but sharp enough. I reckon the 105mm f2.5 Nikkor is NOT as good as my 105mm f2.8 SMC Takumar on my M42 Asahi Pentaxes and my 50mm f1.7 SMC Pentax and the 50mm f1.4 G.Zuiko auto-S lens on my OM-2n beats the Nikkor 50mm f1.8
Nikon FE by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Like 1 Takes me back to 1981 in Hongkong where, as impoverished professionals in various trades, we had a camera and audio buying syndicate. We tried to get better prices by buying the cameras and lenses in a group, first having pored over catalogues and magazines. The abundance in Hongkong at the time of photo equipment was unbelievable.