Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trading Schneider-Kreuznach Edixa-Tele-Xenar 135mm f/3.5 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Trading Schneider-Kreuznach Edixa-Tele-Xenar 135mm f/3.5 M42 Reply with quote

Trading it for any of Super Takumar 105 or 100mm 2.8f or a 50/1.4
Samples: http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/mfl_club_members/zewrak/schneider135mm/

Probably the sweetest 135mm lens I've ever got. Smile

Last edited by zewrak on Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:34 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could also agree on a 105/2.8 or 60£ + shipping and paypal %.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interesed:

Can you send lens image, and describe the conditions of it?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch was afraid youd ask Wink. I suck at describing items, but I'll try. The lens itself is in my opinion pretty much flawless. The shade is not perfectly round though, its some brass thin metal, so it would be easy to straighten it with the right tools or patience, I didnt really want to do it, incase I'd make it worse with my lack of proper tools.

There are small (will be shown in pictures) signs of wear in the form of some paintloss there is a few tiny marks. Also the black colour on the rings are starting to wear off a bit so that you can see the aluminium(?) thru it. All from normal wear and tear it seem.

There is no oil that I can see on the blades and no permanent marks on the glass, just small dust particles, and not many of them at that, on the second glass from front it seem to me.

Also, when you close it down all the way to 32 it sometimes (rarely) takes a while for it to open again, I don't think it's because of the blades, but rather the spring mechanism in the back of the lens. And its only at f32, I tried to replicate it today, with no success and probably 150 presses on the "pin".

So over all in my opinion (I am not master at judging really) it is in excellent+ condition, with only some wear on the colour as stated and seen in pictures.

The shade is in worse shape though, it doesnt seem like they used the same colour in it, because it has some more loss, its still black though, so I think its some finish on it thats breaking down.

This lens do not have a "pin" but rather some odd spring solution for aperture control. The chromed knob is the M/A switch. Here you also can see that the metal is shining thru on the rings. I guess that would be normal usage.

Tried to get the tiny dust particles and aperture blades in the same shot, I failed, the dust dont show up. The blades look clean and fresh though.

Here you can see some mark above the focus ring, thats about it when it comes to marks. There is 1 more dot like that on the other side aswell and some smaller. Dont have the macro ready to shoot them, but could if you want to.

Another mark on the focusing ring and some more paintloss. You can also see there is some dirt in the M/A sign in the bottom and there is some dirt behind the transparent plastic ring. I don't know if you can remove the ring and clean it.

And here is the front. WITHOUT SHADE! The white thing under A in Edixa is dust, its gone now, it is not a permanent mark.

Most of the stuff I listed, I don't care about. If I bought the lens and it said "Excellent condition" I would be statisfied. I don't know about others though.

Hope its fair and good description, I have no intention of tricking anyone, ask away if you want more info.

Oh! Almost forgot, only have the original back cap, not the front unfortunally.

So, what you got to trade? :p

Last edited by zewrak on Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The odd error would not update the post listing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got that lens and it's one of my best 135, probably the best bokeh-wise.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going ebay today

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:
Ouch was afraid youd ask Wink. I suck at describing items, but I'll try.

Exemplary long, careful and detailed description of the precise condition, omitted.

Wow, I wish some ebay traders sucked at describing condition like you do ...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:
zewrak wrote:
Ouch was afraid youd ask Wink. I suck at describing items, but I'll try.

Exemplary long, careful and detailed description of the precise condition, omitted.

Wow, I wish some ebay traders sucked at describing condition like you do ...

Well, I hate describing stuff, because I feel that if I am incorrect, people will think I am trying to lie to them. Smile But I think I got it all this time.

Sad it has to go really. But I can't justify keeping lenses that I don't use. And I am only using the Super Takumar 135mm. And I only want Super Takumars for now. Smile

Anyways, I put it up for sale on swedish ebay. You can still yell if you got a Super Tak to trade. I can remove it until the first bid drops in.