Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Toyo/Ensinor/Clubman 28mm curious "issue"
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Toyo/Ensinor/Clubman 28mm curious "issue" Reply with quote

I recently got one of these lenses in a PK mount, in nice condition. It focuses smoothly, and the torch test shows no nasties.

However, for whatever reason, the depth of field ring is misaligned. See attached picture which shows the lens focussed at infinity and f2.8 - the green diamond is nowhere near where it should be placed.

Even more curious, the lens does not appear to ever have been opened. I haven't got a problem doing this to sort the issue out, as it wasn't expensive. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why this happened and how I fix it? The screws that hold this in don't look like they can be taken out and the ring rotated to the correct position.

Any info gratefully received!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lift the rubber focus grip and slide it off the lens, under the grip there should be three tiny screws. Slack them off and the ring should turn. Set infinity, tighten the screws, replace the grip.