Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tough debate....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Tough debate.... Reply with quote

So there's a black ver. of the 45 Ai-P on ebay right now for just the right price. Complete, from Japan, etc. To drop $400 ish and then try to sell my silver or not to....

Silver does look flashy and cool, but I feel black that blends in with the body would look better overall. It's also the more sought color of the two.

400 isn't exactly some change and I have no idea how long it may take me to sell the silver one, so that money will be pending and I do NEED to get some lighting equipment and such otherwise.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Rolling Eyes

+1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep'm both and do stereo, f**k for lighting equipment! Cool

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chrome finish on the 45/2.8 Ai-P seems rather subdued as these things go. It does not really add to the aesthetic effect of the typical Nikon body nor does it make a bold fashion statement (for a certain, limited, special case of of fashion statements) like a truly vintage lens would. Its too small for one thing, and not shiny or flashy enough.

It seems to me to be best for you Nikon owners to accept your grim fate as owners of a system where its hard to find blingy lenses to hang on your cameras, and just stick to taking pictures. The rest of us can lovingly attach zebra striped Rodenstocks and sleek chrome Steinheils, or totally outre dazzle-pattern Sankors on our shorter back focus bodies. We, at least, rejoice that we do not have to have gold caps on our teeth just to have something to flash around.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black, Silver ? get the rattle can out.

Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick solution: paint your silver lens black (or color it with a Sharpie so you don't have to spend any money on paint and can use those $4 for lighting equipment.) If it's still not flashy enough, you could get a bedazzler (http://www.asseenontv.com/bedazzler/detail.php?p=296300) and encrust it with plastic rhinestones.

Look, here's what it boils down to: Does your 45 take nice photos? Will having a different color make the photos better? Will anyone who sees your photos have their option of them swayed because the lens is a different color?

No one sees the camera, just the image.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaah, so a 45 Ai-p is a lens. I deduced this through the more sensible answers. A pretty average lens for a very high price in my opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome thread!!, just had my millionaire idea moment, pimped up lens caps and hoods for dull looking lenses, Homer Simpson, Big Bang Theory, Metallica, Diamante, the list is endless, lol!!