Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TOPCOR UV lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: TOPCOR UV lenses Reply with quote

Hi,

few month ago I made a mistake and bought a Topcor UV 4/200mm lens. I didn´t read UV and so I had a problem to find an adapter for G1 or something like this. No adapter is available.

On the other side I like the design of the UV lenses. It remembers me on the design of old HIFI stuff of the meanwhile terminated company BRAUN.

I decided to buy a Topcor Unirex (chrome) which I will get next week hopefully (found it at Portugal Laughing).

In the meantime I found few other lenses (the total numbers of different lenses are anyway not very large). In total I own now 28mm, 35mm, 50mm, 135mm and 200mm.

I will continue this thread when the cam and lenses will arrive. For today here few images of my lenses I have already here.

Topcor UV 4/28mm

and here Topcor UV 4/200mm

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people make teh mistake and think UV stand for the ability to record UV using these lenses - but the opposite is true. These have a kind of "built in" UV filter (special coating). Nice series.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Klaus.

My mistake was that I thought to buy a RE lens. People who can read have an advantage. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh , Rolf ! I sold my whole Unirex gear (3 bodies, uni, unirex , ic-1, 6 lenses + 2x converter) a few years ago , for 75€ ... Uv-topcor are not the bests lenses in the world, but give a "special rendition" . Here uv-topcor 2/53, film .

A topcon-made uv-re adapter did exist, very hard to find , and then with an exakta->other_mount , it would be possible to play again with these lenses.
PS: uv-topcor have the same register distance than T2 mount (55mm)
May be alex could do something .... Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Helios,

many thanks for your post. I think your sample image is absolutely ok and the differences are - as always - marginal.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf
Smart move looking for RE lenses. I have recently become quite a fan - and your UV rendition demonstrates the special "look" that topcor managed to obtain. I find my three topcon RE lenses can do "3D" remarkably regularly, plus they are very sharp and have all round high IQ.

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added today lens no.3 and no.4 but still waiting for the cam.

Here the Topcor UV 3.5/35mm

and here the Topcor UV 4/135mm

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently an adapter can be made Smile

See these two pages :

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/2810207#forum-post-35415851

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/jore0902/13563721