Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Topcon UV Topcor 35mm f3.5 lens and Oly OMD E-M5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Topcon UV Topcor 35mm f3.5 lens and Oly OMD E-M5 Reply with quote

The latest (and probably final) addition to my UV Topcor collection is the 35mm f3.5. I had to go up to £14.50 (inc shipping) for this one, making this even more expensive than the 100mm. These lenses are just getting so expensive now. Smile

I now have
28mm f4
35mm f3.5
50mm f2 (Hi Topcor)
100mm f4
135mm f4
200mm f4

The 35mm is a nice lens. The f3.5 max aperture is not too slow, and the lens is very usable at this aperture. There is just a hint of a glow but sharpness is still subjectively good to very good. There is minimal change at f4 as one would expect and at f5.6 the sharpness improves to excellent. the only real downside is the rather large (compared with the RE Topcor 35mm) min focus distance of a bit under 40 cm. This requires a bit of cropping on small flowers like the rose bud and Aquilegia below.

The samples below are all taken at f3.5. There is a small curves correction to enhance the contrast; nothing that I wouldn't apply to any 35mm film lens. Overall, a nice result i think. The crop of the 4/3 camera might help bring out the best in these lenses as I suspect the biggest weaknesses will be observed at the edges of the 35mm film frame.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful result, smart collection! Congrats!