Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Topcon RE Topcor3.5/135 on NEX-3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think genuine single shoot image + PP will be better than this HDR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I think genuine single shoot image + PP will be better than this HDR

Yes, I agree actually, for several reasons, not least, it has better composition. What changes would you suggest to the single image?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's a totally unnatural colour on the wall and grass, late afternoon sun can often get very yellow when reflected off winter grass, the sheep is a bit too yellow though.
But that could be adjusted in Photoshop easy enough by desaturating the yellows. Which would improve it, but the hillside and Skiddaw with snow are very good, as are the shadows in the trees.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the light can get pretty yellow. However, it wasn't yellow when I took that shot, it got yellow not long after though.

I will play with the images, see what I can come up with.

Shot a huge series yesterday, much more to post later.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's very little green there at all Ian, if you boost the levels in green and then yellow you can see that the grass is yellow, and will be a bit more of a problem to change.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest difference was to hit the 'Auto Levels' button, that altered the grass and wall considerably. Then I buggered about a bit. (Photoshop Elements 6 )

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent series. I have lens lens also I it proved to be very sharp indeed like yours! Definite keeper!!