Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tomorrow i am going to antique bazaar there are a lot of len
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject: Tomorrow i am going to antique bazaar there are a lot of len Reply with quote

Can you give me idea
Which lens ?
To buy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, what do you enjoy shooting - wide angles, long lenses? What subjects - people, buildings, landscapes, close-ups? What camera, not all mounts are adaptable to all cameras.

Condition is all important, make sure to check the lens focuses fairly smoothly and that the aperture functions properly. If you have a small torch/flashlight, particularly a strong LED one, take it with you to shine through the lens to look at the glass and see if there is any fungus, haze, separation etc. Scratches on the front glass are usually not a problem, scratches on the back glass usually are a problem.

Good luck and remember to haggle, if the seller has more than one item you are interested in, try a package deal.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

İ can use c,d,m39,m42,p6 ,kiew 88,enlargers,..........
Samsung nx cameras
Pentax q10
Pentax k2000(km)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any or all maybe none, entirely your choice. Surprise us!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't go wrong with the big German and Japanese makers: Zeiss, Schneider, Leitz, ISCO, Rodenstock, Voigtlander, Pentacon, Meyer, Nikon, Canon, Konica, Canon, Minolta, Olympus, Pentax, Ricoh, Mamiya, Yashica, Fujica etc.

Other German brands like Schacht, Enna, Staeble, Roeschlein, Ludwig etc. are more of a mixed bag, mostly good but also some not so good.

Avoid the cheap third party brands like Hanimex, Hanimar, Optomax, Paragon, Miranda, Centon etc.

A few of the Vivitar and Soligor lenses are good, look for Vivitar Series 1 or Soligor C/D.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a simple request, which lens to get, but no idea what will be there of the 10's of 1,000's of possibilities....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ian has given great general advice!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a good one.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy good quality glass and buy as much as you can afford. After you get it home, sort through your finds, separate the pieces you really want to keep. Sell the rest. If you play it right, the money you make off the lenses you sell can end up paying for everything you bought, and sometimes even more, which means that, not only do you get to keep the glass you wanted for free, but you even made a bit off your day at the bazaar.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

İ found tomioka 55 1.2 i have two now alsa it is cheap
200 tl=43 euro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr.volkan wrote:
200 tl=43 euro
nice catch . buy as much as you can and sold the lenses you didn't want on internet.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr.volkan wrote:
200 tl=43 euro

Great find! Is it branded Tomioka only or has it the Revuenon (or other) name on it as well? Maybe show a picture of it?
Here's an interesting read about it: http://www.tomioka.de/e_55mm-Dateien/e_55mm_revuenon.htm

It says here the Cosinon is the same, i always thought it was a different lens together with the Porst 1.2/55 branded version (not the 1.2/50 which is a Fujinon).
Does someone know more?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
dr.volkan wrote:
200 tl=43 euro

Great find! Is it branded Tomioka only or has it the Revuenon (or other) name on it as well? Maybe show a picture of it?
Here's an interesting read about it: http://www.tomioka.de/e_55mm-Dateien/e_55mm_revuenon.htm

It says here the Cosinon is the same, i always thought it was a different lens together with the Porst 1.2/55 branded version (not the 1.2/50 which is a Fujinon).
Does someone know more?

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?p=1506970#1506970

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

I've seen that. But it's no answer to my questions!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

I've seen that. But it's no answer to my questions!

There is an answer there. Check this too.
http://forum.mflenses.com/7-fast-55mm-and-50mm-quick-oof-rendering-comparison-t32963.html

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:

Does someone know more?
The mist covering these 1.2s is really thick.

As far as I know the lenses can be divided to following groups:

*The oldest design originated at Tomioka. The lens are 55/1.2. All of them were made for the M42 mount.
**Examples: Cosinon, Revuenon, Yashinon in M42

*Cosina designed 55/1.2 produced until late '90s. Pentax PK mount. Very good image quality @f/1.2 compared to old Tomioka.
**Examples: MC Cosina, MC Revuenon, VMC Vivitar Series 1, XR Rikenon

*Fuji designed 50/1.2 lenses. Fuji-X mount. Similar performance to Cosina 55/1.2 lenses.
**Examples: X-Fujinon EBC, UMC Porst

*Lenses I'm not really sure about, but probably are somehow derived from the old Tomioka 55/1.2 design.
**Porst 55/1.2 - performance is similar to Tomioka 55/1.2. PK mount
**Yashinon DS-M - reportedly newer design than the Tomioka 55/1.2. M42 mount
**Yashica ML - don't know about it's relation to the DS-M or the original Tomioka. C/Y mount

Any corrections/additions are welcomed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for y's comment.

The Yashica ML is a new design. The official data says it has AOV of 43 degree compare to the DS-M of 45.5 degree.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:

Does someone know more?

There are a lot of fairy tales on this site and nothing is based on hard facts.

However, there are several variants available of this 55mm/F1.2 lens such as Revuenon, Porst, Cosinon, Vivitar, Yashica, Rikenon, Chinar (Chinon) and Tomioka (Tominon). They are all more or less the same lens with similar characteristics though there isn't any evidence available at all whether they have been all manufactured in the same plant or not.

It maybe of interest that in a lens comparison chart I've found (German Color Foto Test 1980) the Yashica ML 55mm/F1.2 lens or Tomioka or whatever you want to call it was in the middle field of all tested lenses with max. aperture of F1.2 (incl. Noctilux F1) and I would assume that this later Yashica branded variant has at least better coatings compared to some of the older siblings.

Interestingly the Pentax 50mm/F1.2 was the sharpest lens in the center of the image at F1.2 and the Konica 57mm/F1.2 was worst and at least I would rate the center sharpness wide open as the most important factor of such a high speed lens. However, both Nikkor and Minolta MD 50mm/F1.2 lenses slightly surpassed the Pentax lens in corner sharpness wide open but were below the Pentax lens in the center.

If a lens is chosen because of specific bokeh characteristics there is neither a best nor worst as this is solely a matter of taste and this wasn't part of the mentioned test anyway.

Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great info here so far! I am interested in buying such a 55mm lens, but i already noticed there are some variations to it. Just out of curiosity btw, call it GAS..... Wink
I think it's best to find one with the PK mount then.

Btw, I have that Fujinon (Porst) 1.2/50 lens, and it is really great!

Cheers, René.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:

Hogwash! You must be kidding.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
Great info here so far! I am interested in buying such a 55mm lens, but i already noticed there are some variations to it. Just out of curiosity btw, call it GAS..... Wink
I think it's best to find one with the PK mount then.

Btw, I have that Fujinon (Porst) 1.2/50 lens, and it is really great!

Cheers, René.

Unfortunately the Fujinon lens didn't participate in the before mentioned test. Most probably it wasn't available 1980. The X-Fujinons came slightly later if my memory serves me right.

I own only the SMC Pentax 50mm/F1.2 (no wonder Wink ) and the Minolta MC Rokkor 58mm/F1.2 (which is said to be slightly behind the newer 50mm MD lens). No need to get any other one, particularly as their prices went up to insane levels nowadays. However, if I would find a MD one for a bargain price I would most probably change my mind. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
and the Minolta MC Rokkor 58mm/F1.2 (which is said to be slightly behind the newer 50mm MD lens).
if I would find a MD one for a bargain price I would most probably change my mind. Wink

Same here, but somehow i do not use that Rokkor lens a lot.... i should mount it more often on the A7 actually.... That last version MD 1.2/50 lens is on my wish list as well, indeed prices have gone up significantly lately.... but i'm in no hurry! Lot's of others to shoot with! Wink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
tb_a wrote:

No, I'm not. Did you read the whole site http://www.tomioka.de ?

Stories like Tomioka was bought by Zeiss in the 1970's, etc....

IMHO this site was invented already some years ago by some smart German salesmen to promote and sell these old lenses for insane prices as they also state that collectors would already pay over USD 1000 for an old Tomioka lens and so forth....

Finally it's proven by independent test magazines that the image quality isn't the best (like they state) but rather mediocre compared to the competition.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
tb_a wrote:

No, I'm not. Did you read the whole site http://www.tomioka.de ?

Stories like Tomioka was bought by Zeiss in the 1970's, etc....

IMHO this site was invented already some years ago by some smart German salesmen to promote and sell these old lenses for insane prices as they also state that collectors would already pay over USD 1000 for an old Tomioka lens and so forth....

Finally it's proven by independent test magazines that the image quality isn't the best (like they state) but rather mediocre compared to the competition.

Sorry. "This" site is mflenses.com. "That" site would be http://www.tomioka.de. Surely you can understand my indignation.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

90% of the 'Tomioka' lenses people tout are not even made by Tomioka.

Also, a lot of Tomioka lenses are not very good, just more cheap third party stuff.

No doubt, some people have Tomioka lenses that are very good, however, there are also Tomioka lenses that are crap, QC was not a priority.