Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokyo Koki TELE-TOKINA 105mm f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Tokyo Koki TELE-TOKINA 105mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

Tiny but heavy preset lens. It has the Tokina 47mm to M42 "T-mount". Is there any Nikon F adapters available for this mount?

Last edited by roglebk on Sun May 20, 2018 12:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your pics should show now - anti spam measure.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for an adapter 'T-mount 47mm to Nikon F' so infinity focus will work. Have M42/F, will post some later taken with D800E & Tokina.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be possible to fit the outer part of a standard nikon t-ring onto the inner part of your 47mm thread t-ring, or to get it to fit with a bit of diy. However the easiest solution is to just use a cheap and easily obtainable M42 to nikon adapter, these are as little as 99c/p on line, in spite of teh infinity focus issue. I would look at the lens to see if infinity focus can be adjusted - this type of lens is often the most amenable to being adjusted at the focus sleeve - is there a single screw in the focus sleeve, and three/four grub screw above?* In terms of using the lens it makes no difference which you do, it's a preset lens, manual aperture operation.
*This is like the cunor 350mm lens I have just posted a pic of in an old soligor 350mm thread. Adjusting infinity focus is easy, just loosen the grub screws, rotate the focus sleeve a bit, tighten the grub screws. you'll need a fine flat jewellers type screwdriver, and something to soften thread locker eg nail varnish remover.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have M42/F adapters, both with and without lens (one with lens is bad) but would prefer a proper 47mm/F adapter as lens will be used with diff cams. This also excludes the other 2 options. Lens has been taken apart, helicoid needed cleaning and new no10 grease. Tune the focus is not an easy task, it can be done but not in same way as Cunor 350. Focus tuning is part of the helicoid mechanism, hard to explain.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No editing, 2.8 1/100.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There probably were 47mm adapters made for Nikon, these things date to the mid-1960s I believe, and Nikon was a popular camera by that time.

The only ones I have seen were in M42 though.

The only way you are going to find one of these adapters is on one of these lenses with the 47mm thread. Nobody is selling loose ones.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, couldn't find any new adapters online and makes sense considering how rare those lenses are. Not really a collector, except for macro related things, but like to buy stuff with issues and fix it. This one is for sale if someone is interested.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting ...... I have a Soligor Telephoto 105 / 2.8 that bears a great resemblance to this Tokina, although the serial numbers as we believe indicate that this Soligor is a Kawanon lens with the H42733 number. The stop down ring is marked 0 - C rather than the f stops of the Tokina, but the rest is identical. The Soligor has a standard M42 T Mount, and a perfectly flat rear element. It's not a bad lens, I like it.

I'd also be interested in buying the Tokina, I have a friend who wants to buy mine.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Searching the archives it seems I did see a loose 47mm Nikon adapter on ebay, back in 2012. I mentioned it here at the time because such a thing was indeed rare.

Also had a look at my 105/2.8 with 47mm thread - it is considerably different from the "Kawanon" type, it is much more compact. The style is similar of course, which I think was deliberate.

I can't link, but search my posts for "Cunor".

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Tokyo Koki TELE-TOKINA 105mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

roglebk wrote:
Tiny but heavy preset lens. It has the Tokina 47mm to M42 "T-mount". Is there any Nikon F adapters available for this mount?

I can confirm that they exist. I have one of them, which I assume is an original Tokina adapter from back in the day.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, good to know that Nikon adapters exist, too bad they are only up for sale once a decade Wink

Lloydy, sent a pm.

Based in Sweden and Philippines, shoot mostly underwater and land macro but enjoy a good ebay hunt too. Have around 30 legacy lenses, some for sale, some needs fixing. Mostly Minolta, Konica, M42 and Canon FD as easier to find here, many Pentaxians, Olys and Nikon guys in Sweden ;(

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I remember, I actually converted an miranda (M44, approx 42mm registration distance) example of these 47mm mounts to nikon by attaching a M42 to nikon F adapter to the inner ring. I'm pretty sure this ended up within infinity focus.
Or alternatively simply take off a couple of mm from the base of the M42 mount on a flat oil or diamond stone.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inner ring has no threads so it was glued in place? It needs to be reversible so better get another M42/F adapter without inner flange and machine it down, it will probably clear the mirror. The lens is a tiny wonder so starting to look for others in that T-K series. Also have a Pigriff-A but can't seem to figure out the 38-39mm thread and pitch, it has no adapter. Will probably glue a M42 ET to it so can use ET's and adapters in diff lengths and with diff cams.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it. It was on a palinar nameplate 400mm I hadn't got round to selling.

Allowing for the indent on the F mount the reg distance looks about right or slightly over. if I had a nikon I could fine tune it.. That's just standard polyester filler that I formed around the small bolts. Now I have a drill press and 2mm taps I could do it properly...
No thread on yours? Does it look like it was stripped or turned on a lathe? Hows the mount on the lens?

I posted this thread on the pigriff (and see here):

http://forum.mflenses.com/diy-new-mount-for-novoflex-pistol-grip-follow-focus-a-t76544,highlight,%2Bnovoflex.html

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mount is M47mm on the lens, so adapter is F47 on one end and M42 to cam. 2 rings that make the adapter is not threaded in middle, it's held together by 3 screws. This is just like a modern (Fotga or whatever) M42 adapter so the lens can be aligned with Camera (numbers on top). Adapter is not even secured to lens, it just unscrews.

Adapter will be kept intact, do not want to ruin it so glue or machining is out of question. It's also needed for a quick change between cams, esp M4/3 and Sony E.

Only option is to find a M47/F adapter or modify a cheap M42/F, will do the latter.

Saw your Pigriff-A DIY, works good on yours but mine doesn't even have the tube (first part of adapter). Hence the need for ET's to make up for distance created by tube. Will make a thread out of it some day.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koki 105 shoots Koki 600

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!

The 600mm looks very nice.
A bit of swirly in the bokeh, just a touch.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was on 2.8, stopped down gets a bit more busy. Like soft bokeh better but those swirls might work on occasions. Got a T-K 135 2.8 yesterday, 47mm-44mm Miranda mount.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By unscrewing ring (pic 1, grooves on 3 and 9 o clock position) splits lens group from helicoid. Shiny aluminium rings (pic 2) are shims used for adjusting focus.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roglebk wrote:
By unscrewing ring (pic 1, grooves on 3 and 9 o clock position) splits lens group from helicoid. Shiny aluminium rings (pic 2) are shims used for adjusting focus.

Wow thanks for the tip, i will check tomorrow to see komura 100 1.8 if it's the same...anyway,is the easiest lens to change grease on the helical

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do but it might be different as Komura is another maker. Tokyo Koki 135mm 2.8 (link below) in same series do not share the same design as 105.

http://forum.mflenses.com/ricoh-tele-rikenon-lens-128-f135mm-tokyo-koki-nikon-f-t79628.html

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No pp, not the sharpest on 2.8 but really paints.