Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokyo Kogaku RE, Auto-Topcor 100/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I somehow missed Woodrims most recent shots with this, fantastic. This might belong in here, I found it on the net. From a camera lens 35 review I think...for anyone interested in resolution tests.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing that.

I can vouch for the 100/2.8 as I have one Wink
This lens is really a superb piece of optical engineering.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The earlier RE. Auto-Topcor lenses will fit on the Topcon R bodies. They are the ones with the "kidney shaped" rebate milled on the back of the lens, near the locking pin. That was done to clear the locking lever on the R bodies. Later they abandoned that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macca wrote:
I somehow missed Woodrims most recent shots with this, fantastic. This might belong in here, I found it on the net. From a camera lens 35 review I think...for anyone interested in resolution tests.

I cannot more than agree, the f2.8/100mm is a tack sharp lens already wide open!

See: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/sets/72157634364279546/

Aside from that, has a quite pleasant bokeh and wonderful color rendition.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two gorgeous shots Klaus, there`s something "extra" popwise in the colour rendition in this one compared to the other Topcors, not that they are in any way dull.

It does a nice portrait too ( as it should!!), my humbler efforts..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macca wrote:
It does a nice portrait too ( as it should!!), my humbler efforts..

The last one is lovely!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus: You got some nice pop. Topcor loves blue.

Macca: Lovely little girl; your daughter? I took plenty of picture when my children were little, but I so wish I had today's digital equipment. I hope I have grandchildren to do it all over again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodrim, thanks that is my girl. She gets more practice with new lenses than most other subjects!