Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokina AT-X 2.5/90mm "The Bokina II"
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a shot from lenses : 90 2,5 from tokina, from the 1:1 Komine version and from the 100/105 2,8 Kiron version.
All are just perfect for the bokeh, the Tokina has the ability to make the subject perfectly sharp wide open...

Vivitar Macros test shots by Yann Dubois, sur Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my favorite manual focus lens. I had it on my Olympus film camera for years and liked it even more for portraits than macro work. Still have that lens. I bought a Pentax version and it's not as stunning for portraits on APS-C. It does do nicely for macro (1:2 I don't have the extender) with just meltingly lovely foreground and background bokeh.

Woodland sunflower early bloom by David Miley, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot!
I just started to use it as portrait on film and digital, seems stunning yes, I'll show my next shoots.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="hinnerker"]
woodrim wrote:

A friend in the german forum did ask me to look for a competitor from today.. a Canon 2.8/100mm Makro II or an old Zuiko 2/90mm.
So i would do him the favour.... and organized this APO Lanthar.
(Maybe later i have the chance to buy this from my old photograph-collegue)

Nice informative comparison and nice macro shots!

It is exciting to dig out the old post, as my set of Tokina 90mm f/2.5 is on its way. Did you in the end have a chance to compare with Olympus 90mm f/2?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hinnerker wrote:
Mike Deep wrote:
I love my Series 1 version of the Bokina, and I've only found it to have one flaw: Veiling flare with light sources in frame. How does the Tokina version handle this?

Thats exactly the improvement in coatings Tokina made after getting the patent from Ponder & Best Inc. (Vivitar). This flares are well corrected...

A shot against the evening sun..

and another one in evening sun..

Maybe the next days i will show you a shot directly against the sun.. if possible.. Very Happy

Cheers
Henry

Is this SOOC? Any correction ro contrast?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject: Infinity focus when using adapter Reply with quote

Hi all,
When using adapter (MD/D to Nikon F) I cant manual infinity focus. Is there any solution?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Infinity focus when using adapter Reply with quote

pqthn wrote:
Hi all,
When using adapter (MD/D to Nikon F) I cant manual infinity focus. Is there any solution?

I'm afraid not. Focal flange distance of the MD system is shorter than that of the Nikon F. A mirrorless camera could be a solution.