Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TOKINA 25-50mm f/4 on the NEX-5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: TOKINA 25-50mm f/4 on the NEX-5 Reply with quote

Another nice short zoom from Tokina, got it in OM mount:

Some samples @ 25mm f/4:

100% crop:

Another one @ 25mm:

Some subject @ 50mm:

To finish, a still-life shot @ 50mm:

Some Tokinas are really good.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures from a very underrated lens Jes. I had the same in Pentax mount, and though my copy was possibly less sharp than yours, it's a very practical walkaround zoom, very small and with a nice focal range, which often goes for 20-30€. If you think that even the crappiest 24mm lenses go for more, if you don't need an extra stop or two of light it's quite a bargain.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a 25-50 is a useful focal length range on an APS sensor (~38-75).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
Nice pictures from a very underrated lens Jes. I had the same in Pentax mount, and though my copy was possibly less sharp than yours, it's a very practical walkaround zoom, very small and with a nice focal range, which often goes for 20-30€. If you think that even the crappiest 24mm lenses go for more, if you don't need an extra stop or two of light it's quite a bargain.

You're right, Ludoo... In a sunny country like mine, going out to shot means to use f8 and above most of the time Wink.

I like it because is small and easy to control.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
And a 25-50 is a useful focal length range on an APS sensor (~38-75).

Yes, it's almost like my tamron 35-70 on the FF... Smile

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice presentation! Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharp lens, look great on the Nex

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good samples Jes, Some Tokina really good. I agree.
I should try myRMC Tokina 35-70/f4 on my nex

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently came across a copy of this lens for sale. Also in OM mount. Not sure if i want to buy it
I am glad that you had such a great experience with this lens. Although i can no longer see the examples that were posted.
Time probably moved their location from the embedded link.
All the reviews about this lens on the Pentax Lens forum were not good. Mostly citing poor contrast and being soft/ not very sharp.