Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Porst 55mm f1.2 MC Pentax-K lens..received today
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Porst 55mm f1.2 MC Pentax-K lens..received today Reply with quote

Barel looks like exactly same than Soligor 28mm f2 what I trade with Riku, I read somewhere this lens made by Cosina any other idea ?

I am planning to compare with Nikkor 50mm f1.2 AIS I am curious about difference between them. If Porst good enough to me I will sell Nikkor because price is double than Porst have.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be Abbazz has more informations of it (I think he's got one).

Is it similar with this COSINA ?
http://ueno.cool.ne.jp/tokinon/50/cosina_mc55_12.shtml
http://ueno.cool.ne.jp/tokinon/50/lens/cosina_mc55_12.jpg
or with this almost identical REVUENON :
http://www.jr-worldwi.de/photo/images/Revuenon_55mm_1.2_small.jpg
http://www.jr-worldwi.de/photo/index.html?Revuenon55_1p2.html

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same than Revuenon, still not sure about maker let we see..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First shoot, ISO 800 wide open.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a M42 Porst Color Reflex MCM 1:1.7/55mm lens , but was wide open and I sent it to a pro to solve that problem. When it is ok I put here some photos taken off with it.
Did you have some opinion about this lens? There are any comparision with your Porst 1.2/55mm?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any comparations.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Same than Revuenon, still not sure about maker let we see..

As far as I know, the Porst 55/1.2 is the same lens as the Revuenon 55/1.2 and the Yashinon 55/1.2. There were made in Japan by Tomioka. Sharpness is very good for such a fast lens and the bokeh is nice. The main problem is lots of chromatic aberrations wide open that can be quite disturbing on certain subjects.

Here are a few pictures taken with this lens wide open, except third picture at f/2.8 (sorry, some of them were already posted here):

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty sharp for such a fast lens.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Abbas! My lens I guess made by Cosina instead of Tomioka can you show me a picture from your lens?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is says that the Cosina/Cosinon was made by Tomioka (see Objektivhersteller: TOMIOKA ): Click here to see on Ebay
Others:
Click here to see on Ebay
and
Click here to see on Ebay
so, all could be the same lens.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Thank you Abbas! My lens I guess made by Cosina instead of Tomioka can you show me a picture from your lens?

I have no pictures of my lens available, but I found a thread about this lens. The picture on post #12 looks exactly like mine. The only difference is that, on mine, there is no apparent brand, only "COLOR REFLEX MC AUTO" and "1:1.2/55mm ?55 F" around the front element as well as "Made in Japan" and the serial number on the barrel. It seems that the sample on the other thread is branded "COSINON" around the front element. According to post #11, the lens was designed by Tomioka and most of it (I guess that means the optical assembly) was made by Cosina.

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this is the truth, designed by Tomioka and made by Cosina. Thank you again!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, I made some close up pictures with my Porst 55/1.2. As I find the minimum focusing distance (0.6m) a bit long, I tried to use the lens with an 1.7x Pentax teleconverter to get a greater magnification. The magical "glow" of this lens when used wide open is enhanced by the teleconverter. As I like soft focus lenses, I am quite pleased with the first results:

Yes, the pineapples are blooming in my backyard. Merry Christmas to all.

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas!