Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

To be fair, not so bad seller: Virtual Village
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: To be fair, not so bad seller: Virtual Village Reply with quote

I ordered two Sigma SA SD adapters to M42. Lots of emails telling "the thing has been shipped", "Please give us full positive feedback".
I received them quite quickly taking into account they came from China, a couple of weeks or so.

When I received them they looked like the Pentax ones, and since there is some kind of compatibility amont mounts and I had never seen one before, the adaptors seemed okay to me and the delivery was quite fast, I did vote positive (even if I didn't test them).

My surprise was when I tried to put them into the SD9. The adaptors were loose in the mount, one millimeter looseness around the adaptor. Not useable. Looking at the boxes, on one side there was a label telling "PK to M42". So that's clear they didn't send me the proper adapters.

Past thursday I sent an email asking for a solution. Same Thursday I got an email asking me for the "product code, labelled on the box, small white sticker on it with a 9 digit number in the following format 000000-000 printed on it". I sent them 005200-034.

There is a clear mistake in their advertising. On other ads, like this one Click here to see on Ebay they show the right one...

So beware of Virtual Village, their advertising may be wrong, and they refuse (until now) answer the emails.

I'll give them another day and if they don't answer, I'll raise an eBay dispute.

Just for you to know.

Jes.

Last edited by Jesito on Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I posted it in the wrong place.

Today I've sent a final email asking for an answer and warning against an eBay dispute in case of none...

I got this answer quickly:

"Dear Jes,

Thanks for your email, however I’m afraid we’re not able to solve this problem as my colleague which is in charge of this product is actually away for vacation, and to make sure I give you the right information I’ve contacted the supplier to clarify this.

I just wanted to let you know as it may take a little longer to reply to your query, but please be assured that I will do my very best to get back to you as soon as I can.

Kind regards,"

So let's way a little more.

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! So the guy can't go look at the place where they keep the adapters and pick out any discrepancies, either in labeling or in mixing up adapters? Seems like he is passing the buck a little...

However, I would do as you are at this point, and give them the opportunity to wait for the "guy on vacation". After that, well too bad, but it would be time to protest through eBay.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Larry.

This is my second experience with V.V. (The first one was the focusing screen that didn't work on my Canon 350D).

Even if the end solving the problem, service is not good.

I was expecting getting the adapters to be able to carry the Sigma next week, when I'll be traveling to Galicia for Christmas until New Year...

It's a pity. I'll pick the Zorki and the Contax and some lenses instead. Time to shot film...

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about your trouble friend! Send to them this post , perhaps they will go faster to solve your problem Smile At least one thousand people read daily this post , not a good advertise for them that for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila, I'll wait for a while... They should know what they do. I just wanted to warn other colleagues about my experience with this seller...

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very important! Thank you Jes!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, the answer received today fullfills all my expectations on how such an incident should be handled.

This is the message from Virtual Village:

"Thank you for your email and your patience, I can confirm that we have contacted our supplier and I’ve looked into this and I’m afraid there was actually an error in our listing. I’m very grateful for you drawing this to my attention and will make sure it’s rectified immediately.

However, I realize this doesn’t affect you now and I can either offer you a full refund or, if you’d like to look at our website and choose a product of similar cost, I will send you that. Whichever option you select, please keep your original product with our compliments.

Please accept my sincere apologies and I hope you find one of these solutions satisfactory. I look forward to hearing from you so I may resolve this for you as soon as possible.
"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had also a bad experience with VV, when I was ordering a focusing screen for my *istDS. Actually I guessed that it might be the wrong product since it was listed as screen for DL/DS/K100d, which is not possible, since the cameras (K100d&DL vs. DS) have different kinds of screens.

However the email response was good in my case. They didn't offer to send a replacement for free, but I could have sent the screen back. I found it to be too massive operation and just sold the screen to a DL user here in Finland. Free replacement would have been the way to go IMHO Smile.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soikka wrote:
I had also a bad experience with VV, when I was ordering a focusing screen for my *istDS. Actually I guessed that it might be the wrong product since it was listed as screen for DL/DS/K100d, which is not possible, since the cameras (K100d&DL vs. DS) have different kinds of screens.

However the email response was good in my case. They didn't offer to send a replacement for free, but I could have sent the screen back. I found it to be too massive operation and just sold the screen to a DL user here in Finland. Free replacement would have been the way to go IMHO Smile.

Interesting, I was about to buy that one!!
Thanks for pointing it out, you saved me from another headache Smile.

BTW, which focusing screen did you put in the *istDS?. I own one and I'm looking for it...

Hes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:

Interesting, I was about to buy that one!!
Thanks for pointing it out, you saved me from another headache Smile.

BTW, which focusing screen did you put in the *istDS?. I own one and I'm looking for it...

Hes.

Don't remember where I got the one I have right now, but can dig that up if you need to know...it's probably not the best around anyhow. Not as smooth as those great ones in some film cameras(ME Super!!).

My impression is that:

K10d/K20d/istD/istDS with pentaprism share the same size screens.
http://flickr.com/photos/pentaxtech/2266564562/ (not my photos)

istDL/K100d etc. with pentamirror share another size.
http://flickr.com/photos/pentaxtech/2266565040/ (not my photos)

So you can buy a K10 screen to be more sure Smile.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
To be fair, the answer received today fullfills all my expectations on how such an incident should be handled.

This is the message from Virtual Village:

"Thank you for your email and your patience, I can confirm that we have contacted our supplier and I’ve looked into this and I’m afraid there was actually an error in our listing. I’m very grateful for you drawing this to my attention and will make sure it’s rectified immediately.

However, I realize this doesn’t affect you now and I can either offer you a full refund or, if you’d like to look at our website and choose a product of similar cost, I will send you that. Whichever option you select, please keep your original product with our compliments.

Please accept my sincere apologies and I hope you find one of these solutions satisfactory. I look forward to hearing from you so I may resolve this for you as soon as possible.
"

They read forum also Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

They read forum also Wink

Quite sure!! Wink

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jes ... i sent you a pm on focusing screens