Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TMX on Mamiya RB67
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: TMX on Mamiya RB67 Reply with quote

Here is a sort of "first" larger image in black and white, using TMX320 @ASA 64.

Also, first shot with the 50mm Mamiya-Sekor wide angle lens (cropped a bit, but still pretty wide).

Looks like I have blown the whites a bit, but that's a good learning experience for metering.

Scanned at a low resolution, and it shows!

Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice b&w sample
Quote:
Looks like I have blown the whites a bit, but that's a good learning experience for metering.

I was ready to flame then I read your comment, but I will flame anyway Rolling Eyes
I am not convinced by your arguments,
the white blown on the door & American flag are problem of the lens you didn't close enough
and the border are bad again from low performance of the lens and not from low resolution scan
I feel better now Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
nice b&w sample
Quote:

I was ready to flame then I read your comment, but I will flame anyway Rolling Eyes
I am not convinced by your arguments,
the white blown on the door & American flag are problem of the lens you didn't close enough
and the border are bad again from low performance of the lens and not from low resolution scan
I feel better now Embarassed

I know I didn't close the lens enough, which is why I said it's a good learning experience for metering. Smile

However, I think you are correct on the second statement - the lens is crappy on the borders, I'm afraid.

But poilu, you gotta cut me some slack! Cool I didn't even have a meter with me...how's that for a good excuse? Haha!

Seriously I appreciate your comments, that's how I learn.